Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

If you live in the Uk:

Reply Post New Topic

  • Celia_M 08-31-05 | 11:24 AM
  • The government here in the UK is holding a public consultation on the 1990 HFEA (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act). The closing date for public responses is 25th November 2005. Details of the consultation and response forms can be found here :

  • Anari 01-10-18 | 04:29 AM
  • Hi guys! My husband and I have been living together for 18 years. But we still do not have children. You know, a few years ago, it did not even bother us. We were always protected from an unplanned pregnancy and wanted to have children only after 35 years. But this time came and we began to try to conceive a child. We did not succeed for 1 year. Of course, we went to the examinations. And it turned out that my husband has problems with reproductive function.And the doctor said that we will have to use donor sperm. My husband is in shock! He does not know what to do! I certainly agree to use donor sperm, because I understand that this is the only solution. But what should I do with the reaction of my husband? If he refuses, what am I to do? I can not abandon him, divorce him. I'm not ready to completely change my life and go look for a new man. After all, we were together for 18 years, this is a huge time, we are a family and it's hard for me now to think about what can happen if my husband refuses. But still I really hope that my husband can agree to this, at least for my sake. I understand that it will be very difficult for us, I understand that he can refuse in the future. But now for me the main thing is his answer and understanding. The main thing is to start this process. What can you advise me? And if my husband agrees, where to start this process? And where will this procedure cost less? We have a limited budget! Thank you)