Baby Corner

Old 10-11-04, 08:43 AM
Princess of Optimism

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default I'm Back..Again...

Hello Ladies,

Not sure how many of you will remember me, but I have been here a few times. Long story short (ok, not so short), my now ex-Fiance and I were doing fine. Meeting with the Wedding Planner, had the invitations in hand already, didn't send them out thank God. Anyhow, turns out, he was sleeping with his ex all along. And that isn't the worst part, he got her pregnant in April, and married her August 1st (they went to Reno, not even his best friend of 19 years knew about this, he does now, LOL). Keep in mind he and I had our last meeting with our Wedding Planner on September 25th. Now damn it, when my life became a bad episode of Jerry Springer is beyond me. And to add insult to injury, the only reason I found out was his Father was in town visiting someone, and I ran into him at a gas station, by accident. My ex told his Parents that I had left him, and moved. And he told me his Parents were having marital issues, and it was best if I left them alone for a bit. Now, the real interesting part was, his new, pregnant wife didn't have a clue who in the Hell I was. So, word got back to her, and she called me. I was trying so hard to be nice, she is 5+ months pregnant. But, she wanted to know this and that, so I filled her in. Now she has 2 kids from a previous marriage and that's a mess, and she tells me about my ex's 2 year old little boy in Texas she didn't know he had. Hell, I didn't either. A notice came to their house (he told me he was staying with his Grandfather when he wasn't living with me, ugh) from the State of Tx regarding child support, 2 years worth. And she didn't know about the 12 year old he had first. All in all, she found out he has 4 kids with 4 different women, and theirs together is #5. I am not sure how they are doing now that everything has surfaced, and frankly, I don't care. His whole life came crashing down in short of 24 hours. That has to hurt, I hope :-) And when all was said and done, I danced a dance of joy, that I wasn't the one legally married to him. Don't get me wrong, I am mourning in a way, but a very small way. So, I am back in the game. I am done with men, at least for a while. New plan is, use a donor, wait a year or two, then consider dating again. Maybe, LOL. So, that's been my sorted, nasty little piece of Hell for the last few weeks. I now have 155 wedding invitations, and a Vera Wang gown, and no wedding, LOL. Oh well, life goes on. And my Mother had a great idea. Have my gown cut down, and have a Christening Gown made from it. I may do that. It will be symbolic if nothing else. Taking a deep breath, letting it out slowly. I will survive this, and come through it stronger. I will damn it, LOL! I missed you all!

Old 10-11-04, 09:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

WOW!

Jerry Springer is right. I hope your life gets calm soon!!! Welcome back

Old 10-11-04, 10:10 AM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hoping success finds you quickly!

Old 10-11-04, 10:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Unbelievable!!!!!

Old 10-11-04, 10:23 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm sorry to hear about this....umm situation. It's not really nice of me to post this on the infertility board, but I'd be thanking God, it wasn't me who got pregnant by this man. That would mean you'd have to deal with him the rest of your life!!

I'm just a few years older than you but at your age, I was in the same predicament. I was doing DI and had sworn off men. I had been thru a bad divorce.

Maybe you should try match.com and be very very careful and do it with an open mind. I would meet the "prospects" for coffee........never for dinner or drinks so I could make a quick escape.......which I did alot!! I finally found my man.........whom I married 6 months later and we just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary. A little tip........I NEVER put up a public profile and I picked and chose the men I wanted to contact then sent a picture. I had my profile up for a day and people I knew contacted me.................HELLO, if I were interested in YOU I wouldn't have signed up for this site to meet someone I hadn't met before LOL.

Anyway, good luck to you!!

Jaime
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools