Baby Corner

Old 09-14-05, 03:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Red face

sorry to butt in, but lkeim, I don't know about that protein theory, that's all I ate during my last pregnancy, couldn't stand carbs too much due to horrible heartburn, and I developed preeclampsia pretty bad, had to remain in the hospital 5 days, and had to beg to be released even though blood pressure was 180/106. I have to admit though that I didn't develope diabetes, and they said w/ my family history, it was a given. I am going to try to be more careful this time around, I don't know why I am so fearful, can't wait to be out of the 1st tri, it's like there are obstacles around every corner just ready to take your joy. Sometimes I wish for the naivety of the fertile myrtles, but most of the time I don't, the worries make holding a healthy baby in the end just that much more special.

Last edited by tichatte; 09-15-05 at 02:31 PM.

Old 09-15-05, 02:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Trisha, when I told my kidney Dr. the protein theory he rolled his eyes at me and said the Dr. that made those claims was a quack. He's the one that made the diet that goes with the Bradley Method. I looked at the diet and there is no way I could ever eat all the food they say to eat on that diet. First there are two eggs a day, a quart of milk, a ton of cheese, meat or however you want to get your protein, a ton of vegis (NO WAY THE GAS THE GAS) and a bunch of fruit plus your snacks. I don't have room for all that! Anyway, I'm just trying to be healthy and will wait and see. I have kidney issues and high blood pressure already is why they're saying I should get the preeclampsia. I dont' care what I get as long as my baby is healthy in the end. Thanks girls. Leslie

Old 09-15-05, 02:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

PS Did they give you high blood pressure meds? I take them now and have had 120/80 so far so good.

Old 09-15-05, 02:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default Leslie

Yes, they had me on the strong stuff, can't remember the names of the pills. I was breast feeding and it was making the baby all dopey, I stopped even though I really shouldn't have. Just checked my blood pressure yesterday, and it was 117/62, amazingly, an I will have to admit, the only thing I ate while in Japan was what you described in your previous post, but not in large quantities, so go figure, maybe the quack may have a little something

. But I'm w/ you, no matter what comes a healthy baby is so worth it. During labor the doctor could not believe I was still smiling after 12hrs labor, every type of medicine dripping in my IV, and the possibilty of a c-section looming in my future.

Trisha
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools