Baby Corner

Old 03-01-07, 02:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm not sure what you mean by protocol. I do know that I've gotten ovulation tests read positive on various days (anywhere from 10-14), even though my cycle seems to be quite regular. I am not taking any medications to help, as my doctor doesn't recommend it. It seems like I've been charting my temperature...well forever! So it seems like I should know my cycle good enough to get this IUI thing right. Sorry-venting! Thanks for all the well wishes and support!

Old 03-11-07, 10:41 PM
Mel's Mama

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It might do some good to take a month off - it is soo stressful to go through all of it. It was my 4th try that worked - and it's all worth it in the end, so hang in there.

Old 03-20-07, 04:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks! We've decided to switch donors and we're giving it one more month. If no go, we're definetely taking that month off! We need it (and being impatient doesn't help either!)

Old 04-08-07, 11:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hello, FWIW I did 11 double IUI insems over 18 months...the last two with Clomid. My tubes are clear, my hysteroscopy and laparoscopy revealed all normal anatomy, and blood tests only showed a progesterone deficiency (which was corrected with supplements). I don't have any health issues...basically, I was a perfectly healthy 27-29 year old and the RE could not figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant. Ovulation was always confirmed and the timing was perfect (especially doing two insems per cycle, we were covering a lot of time). I took a year off, then we decided to use my partner's brother (fresh sperm). After he went through testing and everything came back fine, I am now pregnant after the first attempt. So, all that time and money that went into the IUI cycles and frozen donor sperm (not to mention the emotion, month after month of let-downs and beating myself up for not being able to make a baby for our family). All that time I thought I was failing, and it turns out that IUI with frozen sperm just wasn't the way for me. I still cannot believe it happened so easily, and on the FIRST try. So, give it a few tries, but don't beat yourself up or go crazy wondering what you're doing wrong. Sometimes it just isn't the answer. Good luck!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools