Baby Corner

Old 08-15-06, 08:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default IUI done.

Everything went O.K. today. Only one unpleasant thing. Apparently, I didn't get far enough down on the table and the nurse didn't realise this til the speculum was in. She had me scoot down with it in place, and I don't know what happened but OOOOUUCH!!!!! I think it pinched my cervix. She appologized and thanked me for not kicking her in the head. Count was 16 million, so that's fine. She reminded me we now have 14 straws left.

Question/reassurance needed please:

I know the answer to this one, but I just need to here it from someonelse. Once the swimmers are in past your cervix, they don't fall out do they? After the procedure, i noticed some spotting. One bit was like dried blood color, the rest was very pink. Now the reason this makes me all paranoid is because the fluid that the swimmers are in at our clinic is pink. Someone just tell me I was spotting pink and that the boys are where they need to be so I'll feel better. Please.

Mope: ( those of you who have been TTC for a while please ignore the following, I'm feeling pitiful today. However, I do realise that I have no right to gripe in your presence. Sorry)

So everything went O.K. with the procedure, but I'm feeling all pitiful. Partially for me cause I'm already tired of all that goes into this, with the blood work and having my body invaded 3 times a month with u/s and inseminations, and being sick with the meds. Geez, I am so SICK of having diahrea and feeling like I could

Then, i'm feeling like poop cause of dh. I think he's having a hard time with all this. I know we've been through it all before, but this time .... I guess I thought it was going to be easier. Still sucks though.

Old 08-15-06, 09:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Talking

Great news on the count! Sounds like everything went well. Do not worry one bit about the pink fluid coming out. From what I have been told, the swimmers swim out of the pink fluid and go where they are needed (in the tubes) the pink stuff that doesn't get reabsorbed comes out. It could have been some blood tinged CM you were seeing as well. I've had pink stuff come out before. Don't worry.

As for how you are feeling, what number try is this for you this go around?? You say you have twins - how many tries did it take with them?? I know it gets so old going through all this, trying to juggle it with everything else, but keep your eye on the goal and not the path to get there. You would do it all again for your twins right??? You'll feel the same with your next one too. As for your DH, mine hates it when I mention the donor, so I stopped. It makes it all easier.
Hang in there - we can obsess together this month. BTW, I'm not a Vols fan, they drive me nuts, but I am a HUGE Titans fan.

Old 08-15-06, 10:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks for the pink stuff info. At my last clinic it was colorless so I'm kind of new to it. Makes me feel better knowing you've had the same thing.

Your right. It's only our 2nd try and it took 4 tries for the kids, and I would definately do it all over again for them. Still, it really does seem harder logistically speaking this time around. Dh's work is more stressful and we've got more schedules to juggle. Plus there's the privacy issue. MIL has to watch the kids when we go for IUI so I feel like my infertility is on the nightly news. Last time, no one knew when my cycle was and this time they want daily bulletins

It's just going to take a bit of adjustment I guess.

You have a child already, how do you feel it compares - TTC again vs. the first time?

BTW, though I don't follow the sport much I agree Titans are much better. I grew up in east Tennessee before the Titans came in and got my fill of Vols.

Old 08-16-06, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

She is so right. The sperm swim out of the fluid and make their way to the tubes. You don't have a thing to worry about. You probably had some spotting from the pinch to the cervix from the speculum. I hope that you are successful this month! Best wishes to you!

Old 08-16-06, 10:53 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

did the nurse have you stay 15 or so min before you got up, to give the swimmers time to get out of the fluid and head towards the tubes? If not its no big deal but if you got right up some may have come out with the fluid It's all normal and the spoting is normal too. I know how you feel about all the meds and Doctors and test's and it just makes you feel worthless and sad when you think about all the trouble and pain you have to go through to ge pg. I remeber my first IUI. I cried the whole way home because It really bothered me that the doctors were the ones getting me pg and not my dh. It's not a great feeling but I bet it's all worth it when you get that BFP.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools