Baby Corner

Old 07-26-11, 02:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.14%
Default IUI with Letrozole

Well after a first IUI failed attempt, and a 2nd month being told that we couldn't try IUI again due to too many cysts, we come to this 3rd month. I went back to the doctor and was pleased to find out that the cysts had cleared out much quicker than the doctor had expected. This month they decided that instead of clomid I would be put on letrozole to hopefully help prevent cysts from forming. This month with hopefully everything working out, we will try for our 2nd IUI using Letrozole. Has anyone else been put on letrozole and had success? I want to be positive, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. After over 2.5 years it gets hard enough each month without any extra expectations/hopes. Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Baby wishes for everyone out there!

Old 07-30-11, 06:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Well my second ultrasound on day 11 showed 3 follicles on my right side, size 14, 15, & 16. My IUI is set for Tuesday, day 15. I am really hoping that the three follicles increase in size as the doctor said they will and I ovulate on time for the procedure. I will also be starting on a progesterone supplement after the IUI. Has anyone had any success with letrozole and/or progesterone supplements? Baby wishes to everyone out there!

Old 11-07-12, 11:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 257.14%

Hi babywishes, are you saying that the clomid was directly causing your cysts?

Old 11-08-12, 05:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Yes, that is what the doctors told me. It is a side effect to the clomid. Also, for some reason I seem to get cysts easily. I haven't had anymore since stopping the use of clomid.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools