Baby Corner

Old 06-10-12, 02:13 PM

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 500%
Talking IUI Questions

We have tried IUI twice and we are going to give that another couple chances. I really do think we can get this to work. My tubes are all clear xray say,s its just got to be time and donor ,plus we can't afford ivf. We are using a donor cause my husband doesn't have sperm. I was wondering if it makes the chances better doing two inseminations in one cycle. My doctor said something about horman drug that makes the folicals grow? We have done the hgc shot both times. I am just wonder what has work for others.

Old 06-10-12, 07:41 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Welcome to TBC. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties conceiving. It's a LONG story but we opted for IUI to conceive our third child. The first cycle I had 7 follies and DH's count at insemination was 80+ million...and no conception.

The second round I only had one decent follicle and his count was better at about 90+ million...and our son is 3 years old.

We did Clomid and then an Ovidrel shot the night before insemination. It wasn't an easy road but in the end, it was worth the ride.

Best of luck in your journey. There are many of us here who have walked this path ahead of you and are happy to support you along the way.

Old 06-13-12, 04:51 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

When I did donor IUIs many years ago, I took shots because I had lazy follicles, plus hCG to ripen them and relase the egg at the right time. They are very expensive but they worked. I also did double IUIs cycles roughly 36 hours apart. Good luck!

Old 11-08-12, 12:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 3600%

Hi mindyjo, in your first attempts at IUI were you using donor sperm, or your husbands that had a very low count?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools