Baby Corner

Old 05-26-11, 11:03 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I agree with Jeanne (3Princes). It was never near $4,000 for us either. The most expensive individual cost for us was the sperm spinning/wash on the day of the insemination and that was $185. Each cycle for us was less than $1,800--and that includes EVERYTHING.

Old 05-27-11, 12:05 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Thanks Ladies, I am hoping that you are closer with price, I would really like the cheaper $ amount. But the price we were quoted was just over $3000. I was told that insurance will not cover any part of it, since all the ultra sounds and medication will be going towards infertility and not diagnosis. I guess the only thing we can do is see how things go. I really am praying for this to work, but at this point I have learned not to hold my breath... Thanks for all the support!

Old 06-20-11, 03:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Well... we went ahead with the IUI. We did the insemination on the 15th, and now is just the waiting game... I didn't have a hard time for the first couple days, but now I am driving myself nuts thinking about everything and waiting to find out if the procedure worked. Anyone have any good solutions for passing the time during this waiting time?

Old 06-21-11, 03:02 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Waiting is soooo hard! Good luck to you- I will hope for a sticky bean! Keep us posted!!!

Old 06-27-11, 07:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Well the first try of IUI was a failure... big fat negative when AF showed up a day early. I think not getting pregnant when doing the IUI is even harder than it was all the other months... I just don't understand why this won't work! I am struggling to keep a positive outlook and attitude about this. Things for the next couple months don't look promising for planning out the inseminations, vacations that were previously planned... I wish my body would just cooperate.... Sorry for the venting...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools