Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments IVF #2 - need transfer opinions

IVF #2 - need transfer opinions

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-19-04, 01:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I'd go with the 3 day transfer. I think the embryos thrive better in an uterus over a petri dish. If you want to put 3 back, I'd let 6 grow for the 3 days. Transfer the best 3 embryos and freeze the others. The other embryos that you won't be using should be frozen at 2PN. This way when you thaw them out for a sibling (because the fresh cycle is going to stick this time), there won't be cell loss from the thawing process.

My 2 cents.

Old 09-19-04, 08:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

There is so much debate about this in the IF world and mistakenly a lot of people think that a five day is "better." I don't think any one is the better option but with our IVF's we always did something different each time - so if you have already done a five day, I would try the 3 day transfer. I always take the view that you should change something the next time after a failed cycle. I hope that made sense. We conceived on our third IVF with a three day transfer of three embies. I do believe that the embies are better off in the uterus because its a "natural" environment for them. Good Luck.

Old 09-19-04, 11:49 PM
SMBC from Oz

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

My RE prefers 2 - 3 day transfers as the uterus is the best possible place for them. I agree with Glinda....go for the 3 day!!

Old 09-20-04, 01:22 AM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree I'd like to try the 3 day, but I had success with a 5 day so I am almost thinking we should stick with something that is tried and true. Also, my clinic would let me transfer 4 3 day embies, but I have 2 fibroids (3cm and 4cm) and I'd be terrified to have a multiple pregnancy. Even though my dream has always been twins, I am now thinking that twins probably would not do very well in my God forsaken uterus with those blasted fibroids in there.

I do agree about the 3 day transfer. I guess I can talk it over with my RE and see what she thinks. Thanks everybody for the opinions!!

Old 09-23-04, 08:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Just an FYI - I had a good size fibroid and carried a twin pregnancy without any issues at all related to the fibroid. We knew through our IVFs that the fibroid was there but my RE said it was more important where the fibroid was located than the size.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools