Baby Corner

Old 11-22-04, 02:25 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default IVF#3 is right on schedule

Hi everybody, I went to the RE today and it looks like my ER will be right on target on 11/26! I had a weird bleeding episode last week on cd6 and cd7. Seriously, major bleeding (more than normal) and huge alien looking clots!! Even my RE said this wasn't normal and I think he was a little freaked out by these things. One of these things looked like my remaining tube was sucked into my uterine vortex, made it's way down my cervix, and out onto the pad (sorry to be so graphic, but DP and I were FREAKING out over these bizarre things!). All along I wonder if I haven't had some kind of weird "stagnant blood/lining" issue - as my acupuncturist calls it. I just think it's good that this stuff came out of me. Hopefully now I have a nice new cushy lining for my future embryos. I was on estrogen suppositories for 4 days, so I'm sure that helped.

My lining measured 8.2 and was triple lined. Considering my lining is ALWAYS 10+, I just hope that this is ok. I know anything over an 8 is good, but maybe it's only at 7.5 and the RE is measuring it 8.2? :::sigh::::: I think it might get a little thicker over the next couple of days, so I'm not really worried.

I have 21 follies in there that they could spot. 11 on one side, 10 on the other. I have my last u/s on Wed. and will probably trigger that night for the ER on Friday. I'm thinking they will get close to 25 eggies this time!!!!!

Some of them will probably be over-ripe because we had two 17mm's in there today. The rest were about 13mm - 15mm. DP keeps teasing me and saying that we are going to have a football team someday at this rate! Well, hopefully IVF#3 will be our lucky try. If not, we are gonna have a ton of frozen embies and will be trying 2 more times (fresh cycles) in 2005.

p.s.
Our last visit with our social worker is next Monday, too!!

It won't be long and there WILL be a baby in this house!!

Old 11-22-04, 03:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

WOW That is great! I'm confused though cuz I thought you were going to do an FET w/ your frosties and DP's uterus... Or is that down the road. I'm sure it freaked you out when the stuff came out...hope this is it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-04, 03:28 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds excellent Maddy - keeping everything crossed for you and DP that all continues to go right on schedule!

Old 11-22-04, 03:48 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Jules, we're stockpiling our frosties for DP sometime in 2005. I want to use every penny of this health insurance benefit up by Dec. 31 and fresh cycles really have better success rates. We just changed (again!) from UHC to BCBS for 2005 and this 3rd IVF will pretty much max me out of the UHC benefit. I used all $25K up in one year (thank God I started in February!)!!! So, in 2005 BCBS actually offers 2 IVF attempts. That will make 5 fresh cycles for me total and after that I'm calling it quits. By then we should have at least 10 -15 frosties (that's being conservative) to work with (we currently have 7 from IVF#2). We'll probably put some back in DP and some back in my uterus and see which one takes.

I am not sure if I posted this, but my company accepted my resignation (AMEN!) and I'm free to do nothing but focus on TTC for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My target end date is December 31. I get to be a stay at home wife and take care of my sweet little DP and our home. My main focus for the next year is getting pregnant and/or adopting and becoming a mommy! DP just got a promotion and she is now a big-wig at work. She has a staff and a few interns working for her, so in about another year she'll probably be even higher in the ranks! I'm just so proud of her. I couldn't be in this position without her love and commitment to our family.

It feels so good to finally be in a non-stressful good place!!

Moy, thanks for your support!

(p.s. I just want to kiss Cole's cute little cheeks everytime I see that picture! Man, what a cutiepie!!!!! You need to get him involved with some baby modeling!)

Old 11-22-04, 03:50 PM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Best of luck Maddy!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools