Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Which IVF clinic would you use? (child ment'd)

Which IVF clinic would you use? (child ment'd)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-07-05, 02:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Which IVF clinic would you use? (child ment'd)

Hello!

A couple of you may remember me from ttc from 2000 to 2004.

I am debating ttc#3 next spring/early summer. I have a choice between:

1) Being treated at a clinic that treated me last year. Pros: RE has a wonderful reputation and people travel from all ove Canada to be treated there. Staff treated me like gold. I had success the first injectible try. Cons: It is expensive to travel there and I would need to be out of town about 10 days.. (i.e. disrupt my business and family majorly and harder to keep my tx private.) They will not do back to back cycles.

2) Being treated at a clinic I Pro: It is less than two hours away, plus they will permit me to get blood tests closer to my home, so I only have to go in their clinic about three times during per cycle. They will do back to back cycles if the CD3 scan shows no large leftover follices. Cons: I know nothing about how successful this RE is, but the above clinic IVF nurse has not worked with him, but knows that he came from the same city--so has heard nothing negative about him. It is about $800.? more than the first clinic.

I think I want Option 1, because 'why mess with a good thing?' when the odds of success are already so poor? (Last year I was quoted my chance of a live birth baby at term was 10%)

I think I want Option 2, because I could fit ttc in my life much easier and when it comes down to it, my tx is very simple.

My chance of success at each clinic is still going to be only about 5% per cycle. (I am 43)

Have you faced this decision? Even if you have not, what would you do?

Dana Single, SMBC - DIUI
Ruby 4
Joylyn 1
Angels Grace, Tessa and * *

Old 10-07-05, 11:21 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

If the first clinic is the better of the two, I would go with them. With a 5% chance per cycle, you need all the help you can get! Plus, you are comfortable with them and they are familiar with you.

GOOD LUCK!! Send some of those "older" fertility vibes my way!

Old 10-07-05, 11:55 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I would go with #1 also simply becuase you odds sound better in the long run although it will be more disruptful in the short term!!

Old 10-08-05, 09:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

First let me say I am so impressed that you are looking in to ttc again...much less for #3 and further more smbc. WOW!!! Anyway without a doubt I would go w/ option 1. I had a similar quandry that insurance covered another RE but I paid out of pocket to go w/ the one I had the history with. There is enough stress involved that it's good to go somewhere that knows you and your history and bottom line knows how to get you pg!!!

GOOD LUCK!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools