Baby Corner

Old 12-11-06, 02:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Julie

Quote:
I am new to this site. I am actually mostly interested in replying specifically to tracyann, who indicated she had mild to moderate cramping (if not worse) for her entire first tri-mester. That is what brought me to this site. I am not in the UK, rather in the US, but this seems to be the only place where someone IN THE WORLD was feeling as I am now.

I did an IVF transfer with 2 high quality (the best) donor embryos on Dec 4th and am currently in my two week wait. I have no other symptoms to indicate that I would be starting my period and the cramping, although quite intense, is quite random and sporadic. In other words, it's not a constant cramping.

Does anyone know if I could attribute this to either a) the progesterone injections, b) implantation, or c) just because??

Please let me know if anyone has any info to offer! I'm really struggling here. My partner and I (female couple) are one year and 1 month into this. My eggs are basically crap (we discovered during another IVF) so I am using hers.

Thank you for any and all feedback-

julie
Welcome Julie. Unfortunately, the cramping can be because of progesterone, implantation or just because. Hopefully, it is due to implantation. It is 1 week after transfer so now would be the time for embryos to be burrowing into your lining. It's very hard to read signs early on. A friend of mine did exactly what you did. She was unsuccessful with her own eggs so she did IVF with her partner's eggs. They now have beautiful triplets.

Good Luck!

Old 12-11-06, 10:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Glinda!!

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. You probably know we are hangin' by a thread here! And when all you have to do is wait and think, the mind is a terrible thing to waste!

We are very hopeful, as I had told Missy M, but as usual, there lingers that small feeling of doubt bc of other frustrated unsuccessful attempts. HOWEVER, we are quite hopeful that this time is the real deal bc I truly feel much different than any of the other attempts.

Are you currently ttc, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get to know everyone!

Thanks again!!
Julie

p.s. OMG!!!!!!! Triplets?!?!? Please God, we just want ONE!

but we'd take 'em.... hehe

Old 12-13-06, 02:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie, just stay hopeful. That's exactly what I did. From start to finish, it took me 4.5 years to become a mother.

My ttc days are over. I'm single with 16 month old twins. They can keep the best of anyone busy from sunrise to sunset.

Good Luck

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools