Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Just talked to my RE....more bad news...

Just talked to my RE....more bad news...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-13-04, 07:38 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Just talked to my RE....more bad news...

Thank you everybody for the kind words on the other thread. I am seriously so depressed that I don't know what to do anymore.

My RE just called and unfortunately I did not get good news at all. She said she talked to one of the other RE's in the clinic and they both feel that the only thing left for me now is fibroid removal. I have two, 1 @ 3cm, 1 @ 4cm. While they are not huge and we know not poking into my uterine cavity (we did a water sono to check that out), they still could be causing implantation failure. We just do not know. She said that it's rare to see women with this kind of fabulous cycle get a BFN. She said it does happen, but it's very rare. She just kept saying "this should have worked". So, my RE said that it's totally my call. If I do the surgery I will probably have to wait about 3 months to do another IVF cycle. That takes me into 2005 and I will have to pay another $2,000 for my out of pocket max for the new year. We were trying to do the last IVF covered by ins. before the end of the year so everything is covered at 100% (well, except for certain things that don't meet the usual & customary rule).

I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I should go for one more IVF and try my luck or go for the surgery first. I feel like such a

and can't believe my uterus is doing this to me. Fortunately, we are going to see if DP can carry the embies (which I would be thrilled if she could have my baby!!!). My RE said that is a fine option and then I could avoid surgery. Since both IVF's have resulted in plenty of good embies, we will try to transfer 3 into me and 2 into DP and see which ones take. Hopefully, we'll get something. Watch, we'll end up with 5 children at once. Wouldn't that just be the perfect ending to our 2 1/2 year struggle?

I am just crushed.........

Old 10-13-04, 07:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Maddy, I am so terribly sad for you... thinking of what you and DP are going through. If I were in your shoes, I would probably go ahead with the FET before the end of the year - transferring the embies into you and DP. Although your RE feels that the fibroids may be preventing implantation, you did have two pregnancies... so implantation did occur! Whatever you decide, you will have a baby (or 5 babies) sometime soon, I know you will!

Old 10-13-04, 09:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow you have been through the ringer. Maybe the fibroids should be removed...at least then you'd know. Maybe your DP could try to get pg w/ the FET and you could get surgery. If she doesn't get pg then you'll have healed and can do another FET.

Just curious...are you sure you'd be able to handle it if your DP got pg w/ your embies? I think it's a great idea personally...but w/ all you've been through I just want to be sure you're prepared for her to have the swelling belly. Either way the goal is the same...have a healthy baby for your family.

Anyway I'd trust what your doc says. She seems to know you really well and hopefully will steer you in the right direction. I hope after all that you have been through that this happens for you soon. Hang in there.

Old 10-13-04, 10:16 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

I know you'll make the right decision for you

Old 10-14-04, 09:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I don't really have any advice for you because I really don't know much about IVF, but just wanted to say my prayers are with you and I wish you luck in whatever you decided.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools