Baby Corner

Old 07-25-05, 01:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink Little momma Missy

How you feeling? Getting the hang of the shots? Do you have to do the "vagina mints"? I've got three more weeks of shots and mints and I'm done!! I'll have a party. We went on a big backpack trip this weekend to Homer and I thought of something for your parents. They can take a water taxi out of Homer, they drop you off on a trail to a glacier (easy, flat 2 or 3 miles) then pick you up on the other side at a later time. It was really fun and tons of berries and mushrooms.

Hope you're good and those cramps are going away. I hope you're getting fat like me too! Leslie

Old 07-25-05, 04:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My boobs are getting huge!!!!!! I have had several comments on their bodacious size (yuck). One of my sisters babies nuzzled into them the other day when I was over visiting them (apparently he thinks they are great

I feel pretty good except I still have cramps??????? Some days I have them, some I don't. Nobody seems to be able to explain why. My sister was so cute the other day. She brought me over a huge care package of "mommy to be" goodies. It was really fun to open. I got my 1st baby rattle. My ultrasound is still a week away, but I am getting excited to see the heart beat (and how many). I'm a little panicked though because I keep thinking "what if it's 3"? Don't get me wrong....I would be excited. However, that would be ALOT of work. So, how are you feeling? Must be doing pretty good if you are out hiking. You must be close to being out of your 1st trimester? What a huge milestone...YEAH!!!!! How often do you have ultrasounds? I know it's a little pathetic, but I looked at a name book yesterday and picked out some names I like (of course my dh and I don't agree on any

. How about you? Any names yet? Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Well, off to relax. Thanks for checking on me and thanks for the info for my parents. Take care Missy

Old 07-25-05, 08:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hurray for the big boobs. Mine are gigantic and also very interesting to my friends infants. Sorry, not yet! Weird on the cramps huh? I was so sure we were having twins it was kind of disappointing we only saw one. With the beta numbers I had I was thinking there was about 10 in there. I think 2 would be good for you.

I go every two weeks for u/s because my Dr. is worried I have an imcompitent cervix so wants to keep a close eye on it otherwise they'd sew it shut. I don't think I would of been allowed the hike but I didn't realize how far we'd have to go up into the mountians. Woops. Well I survived but man was I pooped! We did a different trip thatn the one I suggested for your folks. Are you feeling ill in the mornings at all? I get a little queasy then it goes away in the afternoon. Sure do have a hunger on though! I think we can find out baby sex at around week 12. We can't agree on names either. I think I've found the perfect name but he shoots it down.

Oh well, the time will come. Relax it up. Leslie

Old 07-25-05, 10:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If your doc is worried about your cervix, why not just sew it up now and call it good? To answer your question about the progesterone.....I am still taking the shots (that's all though) and my ass has never adjusted

They don't really hurt going in, but leave welts after (and the welts itch). I'm not queasy at all, but it took you quite awhile for that to happen. Maybe I'll be one of those really lucky people that never gets sick

. I really thought for sure you were having multiples...I would have bet money on it. Just look at it this way....you are one of the lucky ones that was finally able to get pregnant and you have a happy, healthy little peanut growing inside you. Who knows how your body would have reacted with more than one. I think we should both count our blessings

Has it actually sunk in yet that your having a baby? It still doesn't seem real to me. Well, I'm off to bed. Night Missy

Old 07-26-05, 12:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

No, it doesn't seem real. Even when they show me the baby on the u/s I can't believe it's my baby! Most friends say it starts to feel more real when they feel the baby move, around 16 weeks. They won't sew it shut if they don't have to because there is a risk in the procedure. I think they're just being overly cautious because of all my past problems. Last time I was PG I got really sick, kidney failure, liver failure, you name it. I have a blood clotting disorder which is what caused so much havoc but am controlling that with blood thinners so I know I'm going to be OK this time. I don't get welts from the shots but I get lumps in my butt. It kind of feels like a roll of quarters so they're making me back off the shots and do more "mints" (gross!). I sneak a shot in here or there because the meds are so expensive and I already have the stuff so.... They're worried the shots aren't absorbed if you get bumps. My Dr. here in Alaska said all the hormone replacement hasn't been proven to do anything but that "it just makes sense". Hmmm. Can't wait till that's over with. Hey, I'm a 1/4 way there!! I'm super anxious to hear about the 3rd too!!! Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools