Baby Corner

Old 07-29-05, 01:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I stop the PIO on Wed., and I am also on a blood thinner, so until further notice, I will be taking that. I have my up and down days, but overall, I 'm just happy to be pg. I did have some pretty heavy cramping the other day, so I went to my reg OBGYN and she listened for the heartbeat, and that was nice to hear.

How are you feeling?

Old 07-30-05, 12:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Feeling good. When is your due date? We must be close. I'm Feb. 20th. Lucky girl get to stop the PIO! I have 17 more days. I've been cutting down a little though (shhhh) I'm running out of supps and don't want to buy anymore meds so I've been scrimping. My Dr. said they don't even know if the added hormones do anything anyway. I hate the blood thinner. My belly is so bruised. I'm getting u/s every two weeks and I just love seeing the little bean grow! Leslie

Old 07-30-05, 09:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

On your ultrasounds Leslie, does your baby look like a baby yet, or still kind of like a bean? What did you see on the 1st one? Mine is coming up in a few days and I kind of want to know what to expect? Is it internal or external? I was wondering about Glinda also. I think she said her c-section date is sometime in August, but I'm not positive. Maybe she was put on bedrest? When my sister had twins, they put her on bedrest for the last 3 months. She was considered high risk because she was over 35 and because she was having twins. I'm so glad that you are doing great this time around

Only a few more weeks and you will have crossed a huge milestone (out of 1st trimester). I've been feeling pretty queasy lately. I do better if I force myself to eat (not easy when you feel carsick). I just laugh about it though because after all we went through to become pregnant, I refuse to complain about how I feel....I just love being pregnant

Take care Missy

Old 07-30-05, 01:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You are much better than I for I complain. I don't really complain, dh asks why I'm grouchy in the morning (DUH!) Anyway, the first u/s we had was internal and you can see the head and body but not really much else. The sac the baby is in is the biggest part. If you see two sacs then..

But then the second u/s I had at 8w4days it looks totally like a baby. You can see the hands and feet and there is a line that we thought was the umbilical cord but was the line between the amnio sac and placenta. By the time I go on Tuesday the ambio sac should be merged with the placenta as one big unit. Don't you have the "Pregnancy week by week book?" It's awesome and you just read week to week. There are pictures of how big the baby should be and what's happening as far as what's developing. It's my favorite book. I love those pictures of my little peanut!! I'm so starving right now that I'm going to have to buy food from the gas station for breakfast (we don't live anywhere near a store!) Have a fun relaxing weekend. Oh, my friend did a PIO shot in here thigh yesterday and can't walk now. Did you ever try? Murder on the muscles!! Leslie

Old 07-30-05, 02:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't dare to try doing my shots in my thighs after your warnings

I want to still be able to walk. Your friend that's doing progesterone....is she an IVF patient too? Is she pg.? How far do you live from a grocery store? How close is the nearest hospital? You make it sound like you live out in the middle of nowhere (like little house on the prairie)

What does your dh doing for work? Did you move to Alaska because of a job, or did it just sound like fun? I've heard that Alaska is beautiful. Well, my weekend should prove to be quite relaxing...hope yours is also. Enjoy Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools