Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments As long as we're doing updates...(long, sorry!)

As long as we're doing updates...(long, sorry!)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-13-04, 03:24 PM
Mom to Frat.Twin Boys

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default As long as we're doing updates...(long, sorry!)

I know I haven't been around much lately. Here's my update...

My DH has been diagnosed with Azoospermia. I have attempted to do DIUI 4 times with no success. The very first time we tried, the sperm bank sent the wrong sperm & had to overnight the correct sperm, which of course didn't work since the IUI was 24 hours later than it should have been.The second and third trys were uneventful, but also unsuccessful. On the fourth attempt, I got to the dr. office and was in the room (undressed & ready to go) when my dr. came in & said when he opened the shipping tank, it wasn't cold at all inside. Either the lab didn't put enough liquid nitrogen in it, or their tank was faulty. No matter what the reason, it was the 2nd time out of 4 tries that they screwed up.

My Dr. has also been irritating me lately too. He told me that the avg. number of attempts for a successful IUI is 6, so he didn't think we should do any kind of testing on me until we had done 6 IUIs unsuccessfully. I just don't agree with this reasoning - it's a huge waste of money, not to mention the emotional roller coaster each month that could be avoided if testing showed there were problems with me as well!

We took a break in Sept. becuase we knew we'd be traveling when I ovulated, and I decided today to call another dr. to have a 2nd opinion. I thought it would take a couple of months to get a new patient appointment with him, but when I called, the receptionist said that someone canceled for tomorrow morning! So, I'm going to another dr. tomorrow to see what he says.

I have one vial of sperm left in storage that I will probably try to use this month...

Old 10-13-04, 04:29 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Good luck with the 2nd opinion. Thanks for checking in.

Old 10-13-04, 05:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree with you...trying six IUI's without doing basic testing is RIDICULOUS! Thr doctor is clearly not thinking of the emotional and financial costs of doing this to you. Yes, it could work without the extra testing and stuff, but I'd think you'd be much more confident if you knew your blood levels are all okay, your tubes are clear...

Good for you for going for a second opinion! And what fabulous luck to get in so soon!

Old 10-13-04, 05:40 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow - I am surprised by your Dr also...we had to have ALL testing done up front before trying anything! What a waste of money it would have been otherwise since DH was diagnosed with azoospermia as well and I am menopausal so there is no way it would have happened without intervention! Now that being said we have to do 6 cycles on CLomid and slowly move up in dosage since clinics here in Canada are very "pro-singleton"...

Old 10-13-04, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think a 2nd opinion is a fantastic idea and I hope the appointment goes well and that you like this doctor!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools