Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Looking for info for the ladies on the front line.

Looking for info for the ladies on the front line.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-06-04, 08:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Looking for info for the ladies on the front line.

Hello, Im not new to this site, I was on three years ago, donor insemination... It was a success. I have a two and half year old son. Its now my turn to give back by donating eggs to a couple. I guess I will pretty much go though what you ladies are with the invitro except for the egg will not be coming back my way once I part with them.

Can you tell me from your experience what it is Im in for. Proceedure wize, I get it, but what about the feeling of the proceedure and any other experiences you have had.

Do you know your egg donor.? Did you get to meet her.? Will you disclose to the child when it is older that they have come from an egg from another woman.?

Any input or information would be most appreciated..

PS: good luck to you all...

Kaycee,

Old 11-08-04, 11:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Kaycee, I think you're doing a wonderful thing in donating your eggs. We will support you while you go through this procedure and answer any questions that you have. Since the ladies on this thread are doing IVF with their own eggs, I don't think they can answer the donor aspect of your questions. I recommend you check out

There are 2 boards there that you can post your questions on. One is for women using donor eggs and the other is for women donating their eggs.

A friend who goes to my IVF clinic donated her eggs for 2 shared cycles. By doing this, her IVF was paid for by the recipients for both cycles. Both recipients got pg. She never met them or knew anything about them but she was able to find out the results since it was all done through the same clinic. Alot of clinics have their own donor pool. With agencies, I believe for the most part, the parties remain anonymous. There is another site

where donors and recipients go to get matched. They also have a message board for donors and recipients. Another friend from my clinic found her surrogate there (my friend's uterus was removed due to cancer). I'll try to get Jaime (marriahlyn) to respond to this thread. Jaime may have info regarding surromoms because she was thinking about donating at one point.

Good Luck and God Bless You.

Last edited by glinda; 11-08-04 at 11:50 AM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools