Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Made An Appointment (child mentioned)

Made An Appointment (child mentioned)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-19-04, 11:38 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Made An Appointment (child mentioned)

Well, I called and made an appointment with an RE today. The appointment is for a consultation December 17. I am sure that she will order a million tests etc but I would like to see what my FSH is like these days to get an idea of my chances of having another baby. I have been taking prenatals for a couple months, and I guess I need to go buy another one of those dreaded BBT thermometer

because I am sure she will want to see my charts.

For those of you who do not know me, I went through over a year of tests, procedures, drugs, shots, and inseminations before I got pregnant on injectibles, had a dream pregnancy, and delivered a beautiful baby boy who is now almost 18 months old. My issue back then seemed to be poor quality eggs, possibly caused by an issue with maturation and/or a luteal phase problem. The drugs corrected my cycle and improved the egg quality so I could concieve. I am a single mother by choice, and now live near San Diego with DS, three dogs and a cat.

I would like to at least explore the possibility of having another child. I really feel like my family is not yet complete, although I have no idea how I will pay for child care for two children. I seriously may need to either change careers or move or both in order to afford it. I have 12 vials of my son's donor on ice at Fairfax Cryobank, but there is an issue with using it or trading it in for another donor. Three of my son's half-siblings from the same donor (from two different families) have a potentially fatal genetic disorder - one has died from it. The chances of one of my children getting this is small, but I could produce a child that is a carrier. I need to decide over the next month or so whether having a full sibling is worth the risk.

If you got this far, thanks for reading and

to those cycling!

Old 11-19-04, 11:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome back Rachel. I didn't realize you moved to the west coast. Are you still with the same company? Glad to hear you've still got the dogs. I remember when the home study person said you had to get rid of them.

Were the mothers of these other children also carriers for this genetic disorder? Did Fairfax only discover the problem after one of the children were diagnosed? I would think under the circumstances, they should let you trade the vials. After all, the vials never even left their premises.

How is living in San Diego? I visited there once (just to see the koalas). The weather was heaven.

Good luck and glad to have you back

Old 11-20-04, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

WOW! That's really exciting, Rachel. I'm glad to see you moving forward with this. I feel like you're going to get pg so much faster this time. Often times once we have been pg and given birth, we get pg much easier!

I'll be following your progress. I hope you like this RE!

Old 11-20-04, 01:34 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hoping success finds you quickly the second time round!

Old 11-20-04, 07:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools