Baby Corner

Old 10-26-05, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Smile May I join you?

Hello, first I will start off with a little about myself:

My name is Holly, I am 25, single and live in Northern Ca. I have been a foster mom for almost 3 years and have had 14 babies come through my home. I take infants (0-12 months) who have been exposed to drugs. The drug of choice in my area is Methamphetamine, though I have had a few babies exposed to Heroin and Crack. Most if not all are also prenatally exposed to alcohol.

At this time I am fostering a 5 week old baby girl who came to be from the hospital. She is a precious little peanut, yet does show some effects of prental exposure. I am also in the process of adopting my foster, yet soon to be, daughter Mariah. She is 17 months old and came to me at 5 weeks. Parents rights were finally terminated, so now we are in the 60 day "hold your breath" period to see if there is an appeal. The workers feel that there will be an appeal, which will extend this out another year, but I am remaining hopeful. If there is no appeal, she will be my forever baby arounf the first of the year

Because I am single, and the adoption process has been so heart wrenching, my next step is DI. Technically I cannot TTC until the end of April of 2006 as I had a gastric bypass (weight loss surgery) and my Doc insists on waiting a year. Anyhow, I may start earlier, as want Mariah to have a sibling as close in age as possibe (if it were my choice, she would already have a sibling) I am blessed to have a known donor who so far is willing to do this, even though we have come across some issues, but i am staying optimistic. I will not be doing IUI as I cannot afford it, but with instead in doing the inter(sp?) cervical insemination. Any information from those who have gone through this would be so greatly appreciated! I have researched the subject to death, but there is no better advice than those who have gone through it themselves.

I look forward to getting to know you all. If you know of any informative site I would love to know about them!! Thank you so much

Old 10-27-05, 01:20 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

hi Holly glad you came here ici is very simple I did 10 unsucessfull iui and then my wonderful sister decided to carry a baby for us we did 2 ici one in dec of last year and one on march the one in march took and we are expecting our baby dec 8......you can order sperm and have it delivered to your home and do it there but you may have to see a dr first as they usually want a dr on record since I had allready done 10 cycles of my own the bank was allready familar with us and would ship to me. My dr was aware of us doing ici at home and walked us through the process to save us money. Good luck to you there is several sucess stories on here with ici let me know if you need more info I will be glad to answer you?????? if I can

Old 10-27-05, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am hoping not to have a doctor involved at all. Since it will be a known donor we won't have to order vials, or have to have an iui or anything like that. Not sure how this is going to work. Just hoping for the best. thank you for the warm welcome

Old 10-28-05, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Holly, you might find this site helpful.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-05, 02:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Holly--
I'm impressed that you are at the point where you can afford to adopt and be a SMBC in N California at 25. Impressive! Sounds like you are trying to save money in the process but be cautious of using a known donor...first for the health concerns (being tested for issues) and also for legal rights. You should have papers written up by a lawyer that he should sign giving up rights to the baby. I used an anonymous one from a "bank" but would imagine it could be a legal (and potenitally risky) process using a known donor.

I did medicated IUIs w/ a dr, but wish you luck!

Last edited by Jules8; 10-28-05 at 02:58 PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools