Baby Corner

Old 10-29-05, 03:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

hi Holly

I tried ICI using the Instead cup and fresh sperm from a known donor. it was ackward with the known donor, even though we had talked about everything possible, while in the 2ww it became apparent the situation with the known donor would have been very difficult. I did get a positive, but it was ectopic. there is a sperm bank..or was...that sent the samples directly to you, no doctor needed. I had purchased some from them, but met my dh and didn't need to use the samples.

Old 10-30-05, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Its definitely not cheap, but I do not want Mariah to be an only child if at all possible. There is my mindset right now. Because I adopted mariah through the foster care system, that is actually free. And using a know donor is free too. Not to say we will be well off by any means, but having a family is important to me, and I make it work

As for the known donor part. He, his wife, and I have talked about it extensively. He is trying to realize there is a thick line that will be drawn, but he will always be in the childs life, just as he is in Mariah's. He will also be tested again for STD's, although he was tested not too long ago. I have printed out some legal info that we can all look over. I would love to use an unknown donor, I just thought you had to go through a doc. If you know the bank that doesn't require that, PLEASE let me know

Old 10-30-05, 01:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Old 10-31-05, 12:43 AM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default child mentioned

Holly, I still lurk on these boards from time to time. This was my first official "home" at TBC and these ladies were wonderful for the 3 years that I went through IUI's and IVF. You know my story and I was really excited to see your post here! I never knew you wanted to do ICI's and get pg!! How cool!!! I, on the other hand, have completely abandoned the thought of ever being pg (even with 7 blasts still in the fridge) after our amazing experience with the fost/adopt system. Now that we have Shaye, I simply have just lost the desire to go through a pregnancy (even though I still have those curious feelings from time to time what being

would be like!). She was *SO* my destiny and my 3 years of IF is what brought me to the light of my life. It's crazy how it all makes sense to me now. Anyway, I just wanted to offer my support and say congrats on taking the plunge into the ICI world. Personally, I would use an anonymous donor over a known donor (WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many things to go wrong!). These ladies will have great info. for you (and I see they have already posted some good sites to start checking out). If you are ever in need of a good clinic, call me because I would recommend my RE in a heartbeat!!

I am still

for you and Mariah and that 60 day waiting period is truly nothing to be afraid of. We were always told that the appeal is based on "you never told me my rights were being terminated" and I know that the fost/adopt system takes great efforts to make sure everybody is notified. Once that termination of parental rights happens you're about 99.9999999% in the clear! When our TPR happened, it was the biggest sigh of relief I ever took!

Good luck on building your family!!!!!! I hope you find success quickly!!!!!!!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools