Baby Corner

Old 05-16-05, 09:11 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default maybe not?

Well, Sat early morning I had a negative HPT, and then spotting by 3pm, but I kept with the progesterone overnight, forgot to test Sunday am, was spotting again by 3pm Sunday afternoon, and then used the progesterone again last night, tested at 6 am and BFP!!!! I will be calling the Dr soon to see what I should do from here, up the progesterone? go in for a beta? Do you think AF is trying to break through and this is why I am getting spotting by 3 pm (after the progesterone wears off?) or do you think this is my body try to take care of a possible problematic pg?

Not sure whether to that this will take, but so happy to see that second line. Best wishes to all of you....I'll keep you posted,
smk

Old 05-16-05, 12:02 PM
Waiting for that BFP!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh wow - it looks like congratulations is in order!
Is the spotting brown blood? In my clinic guidelines, it says that brown spotting, while stressful, is rarely a bad sign, as its old blood - especially if its around the time of your period - implantation spotting.
Are you going ot get a beta done? That could help show how things are going ...... anyway, wonderful news for you, Sophie is going to be a big sister!!

(sorry, for some reason I can't get any smilies, so thats all I can do!)

Marie xx

Old 05-16-05, 12:11 PM

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Marie-

I just went in for a beta and serum progesterone check, so we'll see how it goes - they said they should know by the end of today. No, it's red, so that's why I am concerned, but not in LARGE amounts (pantyliner). They also told me that if i was really worried I should just use another suppository, but I guess I'd rather just see what the bloodwork shows.

ps. I am such a wimp about needles - I have refused anything that requires needles in the last few decades of my life and didn't even know my bloodtype. She used a pediatric needle and I still cried, and then just to make me more ashamed she put a kid's bandaid on me.

smk

Old 05-16-05, 12:22 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sometimes the P4 suppositories will actually irritate your cervix a little and cause a little bleeding. That is amazing that you saw a BFP!!!! Glad you didn't stop the suppositories and I'm hoping they give you a good beta # later today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-05, 01:43 PM

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh, I hate this. I am coming back here to report that I am haivng more red bleeding at 12:30pm - it was nothing this morning and now this again! I hate this - I feel so close but yet SO SO far. I am still waiting on the bloodwork results, but decided to use another suppository just in case...

smk
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools