Baby Corner

Old 09-15-05, 09:15 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default meds?

Hi everyone, i was looking threw my drug draw and found a pill called estadiol? and was wondering what it is and at what point of my cycle i take it? I never started my stims the other day, nurse called back and tols me to start tonight. I take 225 gonal f at night and then 5 units lupron in morning. I go again to clinic sunday morning, my only day to sleep in gets ruined! Any help would be great once again. I feel better with headaches now that i cut lupron dose in half, but am finding at night i am very lightheaded. who knows, at this point i do not care what i feel like unless its pregnant in the end! So sunday will be day 7, how many days after could be my retrieval? how long do most people take the fsh for?

Missy, allsion, glinda, leslie. tricia, and anyone else i may be forgetting off the top of my head, thanks so much for helping me with all my questions about stuff. I am so nervous i am going to forget a medication and ruin the whole cycle. You women are all an inspiration to me and I am so happy for all of you and what you have achieved- pregnancy. We all need to stick together, my friends just do not understand what this all does to your body and soul! its good to talk with people who really know. Please do not leave the website, I would be lost without you all! It weird how none of us wouold know it if we passed each other on the street, yet i look forward to getting up each day and seeing all the new posts. Thanks for everything
Diane

Old 09-15-05, 09:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Diane-I am not really sure what that pill is unless it is the pill form the the HCG shot that most take right before retrieval. It is done 2 days before the retrieval. But you might want to ask the drs. I feel the same way about this site as you do, without the support and the knowledge I don't know what I would do I feel better when I write and people respond that way and I can try to put my mind at ease as much as possible anyway. The nurses will guide you all the way, you will do fine and you won't miss that lovely shot at night, heehee, take care I hope that you get some good follies on Sunday. I willl be thinking of you. Take care...and go back to sleep after you go to the Dr...hehe it is amazing how they work around the clock isn't it...so many women and so many cycles.

Old 09-15-05, 10:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Estradiol is the generic form of estrace. Quick bio lesson....As the follicles grow, the amount of estradiol (E2) increases. An E2 level of around 200 corresponds with a mature follicle. This in combination with an u/s tells your dr when you should do the HCG trigger. The dr can also tell if you're hyperstimulating. Your E2 level will drop after ovulation. Once you ovulate, your progesterone (P4) level starts to rise. Even though the E2 level drops, you don't want it at zero. Once you get pg, your E2 rises. It continues to rise throughout your pg.

My clinic has us go in at 5dpt for an u/s and E2 and P4 b/w. They want to make sure the lining has converted. For transfer, you want a triple lined pattern. After that, you want a HH pattern. This shows that the lining is properly absorbing progesterone. At 5dpt, my clinic wants the P4 level to be at least 30 and the E2 level to be at least 100. If your E2 level is below 100, they prescribe estradiol/estrace. When you do a FET, they have you on estradiol from the beginning of your cycle. This is not done during fresh transfers. (Of course, if you have a known deficiency, they might put you on something.)

I hope this helps.

Old 09-15-05, 11:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks God for Glinda....I had no idea.

Old 09-15-05, 12:00 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

thanks glinda, i knew i could count on you to let me know what it was. You are so knowledgeable it makes me feel dumb! At least someone knows whats going on! as soon as i get numbers from blood work i will post, that way you all can tell me what to think. How common is hyperstimulating? I am so nervous about it, my sister who did IVF did hyperstimulate, but they continues with her transfer and now she is 23 weeks preg with twins! I know that my clinic usually will not continue with a transfer while hyperstimulating. Glinda, what do you know about this?
Diane
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools