Baby Corner

Old 06-18-05, 05:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Missy..........

I did a search regarding military coverage. Check out these sites.

=

Old 06-19-05, 09:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Glinda.....I have another question for you and your vast wealth of knowledge

I went on birth control pills before the start of this next ivf cycle. I have never been on them before. I finished the "pink pills" on tuesday and expected to start my period within a few days. Here it is sunday and no sign of AF. How long does it usually take? wednesday I was super crampy as if I were going to start, but now nothing... Is this unusual? Missy

Old 06-19-05, 12:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I'm Military

Hello Missy,

If you have any questions regarding infertility treatments offered and covered by the military, feel free to ask, I will be glad to help you as much as I can also.

Lurker

Old 06-19-05, 01:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Trisha,

Welcome aboard

My dh and I are getting ready to start our 2nd ivf cycle. He is a recruiter in the army and as far as we can see, the military insurance (tricare) doesn't cover anything as far as infertility. We have asked alot of questions and looked everywhere we can possibly think of, with no luck. We know that the military offers a program through walter reid in D.C. We have looked into it, but once you pay for airfare, hotel, food, etc. for the 2 or so weeks we would need to be there, the price is quite close to the price we are already paying . Anyway, I would appreciate any info. you might be able to share with me. Are you stationed in Japan? Are you nervous about doing your IVF there? Thanks for replying. Missy

Old 06-19-05, 01:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy

The military offers IVF at the following locations :
Balboa Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA $4000-6000
Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii $5600 on up
Walter Reed Army Medical Center ART Washington, D.C. $ 3500 on up
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX $2500

The prices are noticeably reduced, the (on up) depends on the type of extra assisstance you need during your cycle. Meds are all covered excpet the $10 copay for PIO. You do have to get ona waiting list to participate, and they do require a stay in the areas listed.
Sometimes military personel can get TDYs and there is also a Kip Taylor fund that helps military families with travel costs and lodging.

I hope this info helps.

I am not stationed in Japan anymore, but have frosties there that they freeze fror the life of the marriage, a full cycle there cost me around $2500, and the FET will cost anywhere between $600-$800, so it's more cost effective for me to travel there for another attempt. I love the Dr., and his staff, the 1st time I didn't have a translator for most of my visit and things worked out great so I am hoping for the best this time around also.

t the following locations
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools