Baby Corner

Old 09-23-05, 03:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well I didn't go for the u/s until later and don't forget I'm four hours behind most you guys. It's a GIRL!! I'm so excited. I'm also excited that I'm big as a HOUSE and don't care what anyone says because I'm having a GIRL!! Missy, everyone tells me don't worry all the weight will fall right off once I start breastfeeding. You've got two to the dinner table so should go really fast. My u/s showed some fluid behind my cerclage so I'm a little worried. My Dr. is out of town but will talk to him next week. We might be talking no work. Just not sure but will take it really easy until I hear from him.

Leslie PS There!! I'm finally worried.

Old 09-23-05, 06:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My breasts did not get bigger at all. I wonder if that's why I had problems with breastfeeding. My weight fell off of me without breastfeeding. I actually lost more than I gained. Don't forget that your whole lifestyle will change. You'll be running around, not sleeping and trying to shove in a few bites when you can. Maybe you should take off from work until you hear from your dr. I took off a week around the 5 month mark. My dr finally put me on bedrest at 33/34 weeks.

Old 09-23-05, 12:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well I have two easy ones (easy ones meaning not hairy or too fat) today then the weekend off. The nurse will talk to the Dr. on Monday so she'll call me. I just take it reallyeasy this weekend. I'm getting a massage myself tomorrow. Maybe go out for dinner. I'm SO jealous of the girls with no boobs. Are you breastfeeding Glinda? My girlfriend is a -A cup and couldn't do it. So now we're not sure if we like the name Hannah anymore. I've always wanted to name my baby girl Gretchen after a cousin that was killed in car accident when she was a teen. BUT dh dated a girl with the same name that I HATED!! Besides being a total BBBB she's totally whacko! Dh is so lucky he married me!

What do you guys think? Leslie

Old 09-23-05, 02:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Yeah!!!! Congratulations on finally being given a final answer. I would love to have a little girl. Whatever you decide to choose for a name, I'm sure it will be perfect for her

Now, what exactly does it mean when you say fluid behind the cerclage? Is it bad? I wouldn't worry....if they thought your baby were in danger, they would have said DON'T WORK (even if your doc wasn't there). I would take it easy though and lay low this weekend. You can spend the weekend planning her room

Let us know what you find out. I know what you mean about not wanting big boobs. Mine just keep going and they aren't pretty.

Old 09-23-05, 02:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It seems like my left nipple is way lower, pretty much sitting on top of my stomach, and there's cellulite. Good god! Anyway, the baby's head is closest to the cevix opening then the cerclage then the rest of the cervix that goes out into the vagina. My total cervix is about 3.3 centimeters. 3.5-5 is normal so I already had a shorter one. The fluid is between the baby head and the cerclage so it's a good thing I got the cerclage. They called it peaking. I remember I had something there before but don't know how much so.... My Dr. is never allowed to go moose hunting again! The guy yesterday asked if I was on bedrest but I said no, just limited exercise. He said he wasn't going to butt in and start telling me what to do but it made me nervous. I called the nurse back later and she just said to take it easy and that she'd talk to my Dr. on Monday and then call me. So... I'm not that freaking out because I feel fine but I'd rather hear "everything looks so great, you're just doing amazing, wow, that baby is so healthy, etc..." you know what I mean. Leslie PS Dirty clothes giver is coming over this morning so had to hide dirty clothes box!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools