Baby Corner

Old 09-19-05, 09:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Is my body good

I everyone!! I've been reading and learning a lot about this process and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what to do about getting your body ready for IVF and all those crazy drugs. I'm on a multi vitamin and I exercise three times a week. I don't drink alcohol that much maybe once every two months. I don't smoke but my fiance does, so I occasionally get that second hand smoke in the car, witch they say is worries. (he is aware of the risks of low sperm count and is trying to quite by cutting back) My only down fall is food! I'm a chip and dip freak, I can't get enough of them. In fact I'm eating them right now, potato chips and top the tater "Yummy" I'm sure the Doctor will tell me when we have are first appointment but, I just want to get my body healthy and ready now. I was thinking about doing a body detox with a colon cleanser but have to read up on it some more. I just want my body as healthy as possible. What did you all do to get you bodies ready.

Take care......

Jalove

Old 09-19-05, 11:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I drank huge amounts of Starbucks coffee, ate potato chips, french fries and doritos. I don't drink alcohol. I only drank after I did transfers. Part of my theory is that it relaxes your body for implantation. Oh yeah, and I smoked. Plus I gained a massive amount of weight from 4 years of fertility treatments and numerous miscarriages and refused to diet. Not exactly the answer you wanted to hear, right?

If you want to indulge in your potato chips and dip then go ahead. Why stress out by depriving yourself of something you like? I highly recommend acupuncture to get your body and mind in gear.

I don't know if I would go for a colon cleanser. Why start shoving things into your body that have never been in you before? You don't know how your body will react to it. It sounds like you already have a healthy lifestyle. Just don't overdo anything. You know what's good for you and what isn't. I tried doing everything right and it didn't work. I did everything bad and it worked

Old 09-20-05, 12:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Jalove, we had to sign a contract that dh nor I would smoke OR be around secondhand smoke in order to do the ivf. Just something to think about. Colon cleanse wouldn't hurt you but I wouldn't do it post transfer. Acupuncture & massage are great ways to keep yourself centered and relaxed. You'll be fine. Chip away!! Leslie

Old 09-20-05, 02:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm with Glinda-Just do what you need to do to relax and have fun. I think stressing over "doing everything right" is what is wrong!!! Studies do show alcohol and caffine hurt the chances, but beyond that just be reasonable....chip and dip 'till your hearts content!!

Old 09-20-05, 07:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh my gosh....I am with Glinda! I don't exercise, I was a diet coke junkie, and I love crappy food like pizza and ice cream

You are already way healthier than I could ever dream of being. My advice....eat your chips and dip! The only healthy thing I did was acupuncture and I highly recommend it.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools