Baby Corner

Old 11-08-05, 09:56 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default on my own now!

Hi ladies, I had my 8 week us today, wow what a difference two weeks makes. the heart rate was 179, way higher this time. But, the good and bad news is my clinic discharged me this morning. I cried all the way to work. I do not have an ob appointment for 3 weeks. I have been so monitored for so long i am scared to be on my own now. did anyone else feel like this too? i get to stop estrace pills today and progesterone in 10 days. i guess thats good right. i have such mixed emotions!
DIane

Old 11-08-05, 11:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Diane-
I know exactly how you are feeling, I felt the same way, but once you get in w/ your ob and hear the heartbeat for the first time and actually see your baby for the first time you will be amazed and relieved and the ob will be there for you just as well....just not so closely you are just a regular pegnant woman now. Glad you get off the meds soon, I just got off the progesterone pills, was on them until I was 12 weeks!! I am hoping some of the side effects of that will go away. Sorry to hear that you are still sick though, wished I could have lost 10 lbs!! I gained your 10! and still going, I have not had a problem w/ my appetite. Are you extremely tired? I was for the 1st trimester, but am starting to get some energy back, think I am going to get on the treadmill today at lunch to do some walking. I think everyone that goes thru IVF feels a sense of loss when leaving the clinic but you have a nice strong/healthy baby in there and it is time to move on to make room for someone else who needs their tender loving care. Keep us posted on your progress and let us know what the ob says, it is an exciting time for you and your baby.
Allison

Old 11-08-05, 09:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane, it's good news they pass you off. It means you're a reg. pg girl, like Allison says. Congratulations. 179 is high, a girl if you believe wives tales. It's cool to hear the heartbeat so early huh? I get all weird if I have to go too long between u/s. I know how you feel. You'll feel so much better when you get to stop your meds. Keep up the good work!! Leslie

Old 11-08-05, 10:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Congratulations Diane! I'm so happy for you - you're going to do fine on your own for 3 weeks. You still have all the exciting stuff to look forward to!

Old 11-09-05, 09:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Diane, I can imagine how you must be feeling - I've often wondered what that moment might be like when an IVF pregnancy becomes just another normal pregnancy. All the high tech stuff, all the monitoring, and then boom - you're on your own, mostly. It seems like verything about this process is so gut wrenching, even the good stuff! I do hope the three weeks passes quickly for you - won't it feel great to walk into your ob's office and be just another pregnant lady!

Julie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools