Baby Corner

Old 12-14-04, 12:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default My results are in

I'm a little bit pregnant. WIsh i could get excited but i have to retain a grip. It's 11dp4dt and at 15 days my beta is 42 and my progrestrone is 31. Another blood test on Friday.
Any stories of hope appreciated. I have been thru 2 or 3 inconclusive's before but the numbers were slightly lower and didn't go anywhere. Glinda need your input. I am in shock, i truly thought there was no hope, now i have some, what can i do to help this?

God Maddy we are in the same boat arn't we.
JB

Old 12-14-04, 12:38 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

JB, totally understandable why you can't get excited. Today, I said to my dr, I can't be happy. His response was "and you shouldn't be". He deals with long time sufferers. JB, while you can't get excited, your beta is fine. My IVF clinic looks for an initial beta of 50 at 12dp3dt. Your progesterone level is fine too. My clinic looks for a P4 level of at least 30 which I think is high. A woman getting pg naturally does not have such a high level 2 weeks after conception. Did they test your E2? I have found on cycles that I m/c, I had pretty low E2 levels. This is why I am on supplements of every kind.

As I wrote on another thread, FETs typically come back with low initial betas. You also went in early. This is why I told you not to get down after you tested this weekend. I can't believe you're holding out til Friday for another test. I would be climbing the walls. My dr actually asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow but I passed. I need one day of sanity.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that anyone can do now. I have no great words for advice. We are all in the same boat. It's just a waiting game.

And just so you know, I'm not a hypocrite telling you that your number is good and whining over mine. If I wasn't experiencing throbbing in odd places and lower back pain which in the past has signified a m/c, I would be happy about my beta.

How can anyone on the IVF board announce a positive beta without some trepidation? We've all traveled far and long just to get here and there are no guarantees.

I'm so very very happy for you.

Old 12-14-04, 07:10 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 115.1%

JB, I know how you feel about not getting excited, but I don't think it's as bad as you think, KWIM? I'll

and

that this is the one for you!

Old 12-14-04, 10:18 AM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Best of luck JB.

Old 12-14-04, 11:27 AM
Community Leader

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

JB, I just pulled that stats from when I was the moderator of this board. Do you remember StacyZ? She had 15 @ 8dpt & 67@ 11dpt, she was pregnant with twins @ the time. I had an 83 @ 12dpt. Hang in there, it depends on when the little one(s) implanted, too. By friday the numbers could be off the charts. Praying for you & the little one(s).
Karen
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools