Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments N.W. ANDROLOGY & CRYOBANK..at home insemination

N.W. ANDROLOGY & CRYOBANK..at home insemination

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-05-08, 03:09 PM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I know it's so hard, we're all here for you!

Old 02-07-08, 02:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

definetely here for you. anything you need....we're around

Old 02-13-08, 11:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!

Ok so i sent my registration papers in to the donor clinic and got a my acceptance today !! So here is my plan and please ladies if my plan is wrong tell me..
we are going to do the ovulation tests again next month and if everything is right on schedule with the ovulation predictor calculators I have been doing on 3 different sites then we will try our first insem in April..I thought I would do 1 insem the day i test positive for ovulation and 1 more insem the day of ovulation so 2 insem within 2 day period.. does this sound good?
I am getting all excited again, even picked out the crib I want ( dont worry i didnt buy it YET..lol )
We have even picked out the names we want for boy or girl.. I know i am jumping the gun again but I cant help it, patience is not one of my traits.. any info on how we should schedule this would be a great help
thanks again everyone, all of you are great

Old 02-14-08, 04:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Mandy, did your insurance company say why they were denying your claims? I did a search on your previous posts to see if I could find out where you live. Here is Ohio law:

Ohio's law requires health maintenance organizations to cover basic preventive health services, including infertility The Ohio Insurance Department has no written definition of infertility services, but states that the procedure must be medically necessary. Experimental procedures are not covered. (Ohio Revised Code Annotated 1751)

Even if your insurance company does not cover fertility treatment, I do not know why they would not cover "check ups" and "blood work". I also don't know why your fertility clinic didn't help you out with this. You've just got to find the loophole. When I was going through IVF, my insurance company would not cover my daily ultrasounds for follicle checks. However, the place I went to for ultrasounds wrote up the diagnosis as irregular menstrual cycle. From what you wrote above, it appears that you have issues with ovulating. Hey, to me that sounds like you also have irregular menstrual cycles. Frankly, it makes no sense to me that my insurance company was more than willing to pay for ultrasounds for one thing but not another. The blood work that we do is to check hormone levels. This also can be for many things. If you can't go back to the fertility clinic, go to your family doctor who seems very willing to help you. He can probably give your prescriptions for Quest, LabCorp or whatever lab is used in your neck of the woods. It's all about playing with these diagnostic codes.

Old 02-19-08, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I think it sounds like you are right on track! I got pg after months of unsuccessful IUIs by doing home ICI. It worked like a charm! I did just that - one insem when I tested + for ovulation and another 24 hours later. I think that you have a VERY high probabilty of getting pg this way. I'm not sure how you plan to do the ICI, but we just used an Ensure Cup (used for menstrual flow normally) and put the sperm directly into it and inserted it. I practiced with an empty cup a few times to make sure I could do it and spill only the tiniest amount of sperm, and it was easy. Lots of experts will then tell you it's important for you to leave the cup in for 4 hours before removing it, and that you should also have an orgasm after inserting it. Don't actually have intercourse, just have a manual orgasm as this causes the cervix to dip down into the cup and literally suck it all up! I know - sounds weird, but it's so true! I took the cup out after 4 hours and it was literally gone! I wish you TONS of luck. I hope your are successful right away!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools