Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments N.W. ANDROLOGY & CRYOBANK..at home insemination

N.W. ANDROLOGY & CRYOBANK..at home insemination

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-19-08, 09:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

OK.. BACK UP !!! i am new to this whole thing.. what CUP are you talking about and how do you use it.. if this a realy crazy question i am sorry but never heard of, nor seen it.. please explain

Old 02-19-08, 09:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Glinda....ok when I talked to the insurance at first they said that yes they will cover the dr. visits and the blood work ect.. but when I got the bill for all this and they havent paid anything I called.. they were unsure why it was refused and had to do some checking.. found out it is not actualy the insurance fault rather than my husbands employerI guess with the insurance the employer has the right to pick and choose what they will cover and what the plan will not and the employer is saying that no ANY form of infertility is NOT covered at all.. none of it.. the insurance company said that other employers that have this insurance will cover the basics that is why they first said they would but come to find out it is not authorized by my husbands employer

Old 03-04-08, 10:48 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm new here too, but wanted to wish you the best of luck. I have 6 yr old twins from IVF with my husband where they had to do a testicular sperm extraction to find sperm to use for ICSI. We wanted another child after the twins, but surgery didn't find any more sperm from DH, so we went with a donor. We went with a known donor and were successful with a home insemination on our first try back in 2005. So, it can be done! I have a beautiful 2 yr old to prove it!

We are actually trying again with the same donor for yet another little one and, in fact, are riding out the two week wait right now. We only did one home insem this time (versus two last time) and I'm not entirely sure our timing was very good (it was a last minute decision to start this month), so our chances are probably pretty slim. But at least we're getting the ball rolling.

At any rate, I just wanted to let you know that there is another home insem success story out here. We're back in the game going for it again too, so hopefully we can add more success to it in the coming months.

Good luck to you.

Kristen

Old 03-08-08, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

The cup is an Instead Cup. It's used for AF flow and they are available in drug stores. They work great for getting pg!

Old 03-10-08, 03:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My wife Julie and I were successful on our second try with home DI.
I learned much through the process, and am happy to tell you what I know.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools