Baby Corner

Old 11-08-06, 08:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Need some insight & advice...

Hi everyone- I'm Michele. I'll try to make this as short as possible. I hope I'm posting in the right thread...if I'm not PLEASE lead me in the right direction

My dh & I have been ttc for almost 2 yrs now. We're both young...I'm 29 dh is 30- but I have some MAJOR issues I've had endemetriosis- they think it's come back already;( I've had surgery to fix it- but I was at a bad stage 3...it goes to stage 4. I also found out that I have small and damaged tubes one from being born that way and two from damage from the endo. I also know that I have poor egg quality...my eggs are that of a thirtysomething year old even though I'm in my late 20's

So we've gone through IVF twice now- both times have failed. I do have one embie that's frozen from my first cycle. So our options at this point are: do surgery, go back in for a frozen transfer w/ my one embie.

If that doesn't work we can either go through stimulation one more time- but b/c of my poor egg quality- might not be a good idea. So our doctor is also giving us the option for a donor egg. I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this, going through this...ANYTHING. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN....

Thanks,
Michele

Old 11-08-06, 10:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Michele, you have come to the right place. This board is for you. Why does your dr think you have poor egg quality? A frozen transfer with 1 embryo does work. Jen, who used to post here, transferred 1 frozen embryo which resulted in a beautiful boy. And she was 40 or 41 when she did this transfer.

Alot of us have gone through more than 2 IVF cycles before we finally became mothers. There have been women here with awful cases of endo that went on to become mothers. It does happen.

I don't know where you are going for IVF but since you are in Delaware, I'm going to give you the link to my clinic in South Jersey

They have a large donor program.

I'll also send a message to Leslie to respond to this thread. She is gearing up for another round with a donor.

Welcome!

Old 11-08-06, 01:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Michele! Welcome! Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just wanted to let you know that this is a great place to gain knowledge about your situation. I know I have gained great knowledge about my situation. Everyone here is more then sympathetic to each others needs. Good Luck!!!!

Old 11-08-06, 02:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Michele. I used donor for my dd Carly and I can tell you she's just amazing. Our clinic found the donor for us but for round two I was looking myself. There are several websites you can advertise for a donor. We got back lots of replies and even some that offered to donate for free! I did donor our first ivf try because my odds of it working were way better than with using my old lady eggs. Try surrogacy.com. Good luck!

Old 11-08-06, 09:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi- thanks for the warm welcome

It's just all very overwhelming and confusing right now. We're fairly certain we're going to possibly do the surgery and then do my one frozen embie transfer.

Hopefully that will take- but if it doesn't...that's where were are struggling??

It really comes down the the $$$ b/c if we decide to do the donor egg route and spend the $$$ on that & it still doesn't work- that's A LOT of $$$ and no good outcome. Plus that $$$ could've gone towards steps towards adoption??

It's just OVERWHELMING & we don't want to have any regrets- know what I mean??

THANK GOD I'm married to my BEST FRIEND and he's just such a good sport about all of this

That's my honey!!

Anyway, thank you all for the warm welcome and insight and advice- it's MUCH APPRECIATED

On a side note for GLINDA...as for my poor egg quality...when they did the surgery in March 2006 and found the endo- I guess they ran tests on things found as well as through blood work- that's how they tend to think I have poor egg quality- plus w/ my age and after I've done stimulation...I've always had a REALLY GOOD # of eggs...both times they retrieved 18. After my first cycle of those 18 only 8 fertilized, they transfered two and of the 6 that were left only one made it to the freeze stage. As for my second cycle- 18 eggs retrieved again- only FOUR of those fertilized, two were transfered and NONE made it to the freeze stage. So with all of that- that's how the doctors have come to that conclusion. The practice that we're working with is AWESOME- they actually have their own donor program- we haven't gotten that far yet- not sure if we're going that route or not. I will look at the information you sent though- just to get some more ideas- I REALLY DO APPRECIATE THAT- THANK YOU

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools