Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Need to vent or I'm going to blow!

Need to vent or I'm going to blow!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-13-04, 04:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Angry Need to vent or I'm going to blow!

I am so angry right now I could just explode.

I was just reading a post on another board that I go to and I swear if this woman was standing in front of me I'd punch her in the face and I'm not a violent person. This woman posted that she can't stop crying and you know what her reason is?? She's pregnant with twins but wait that's not what she's upset about she's upset because she thought she was going to have a boy and a girl but she just found out she's going to have two boys!! She said she already has one son and when she found out he was a boy she cried because she wanted a girl. Well she thought that this was going to be it and one of the babies had to be a girl. Since she found out that they're both boys she's saying that she may end up resenting them and she may not love them. She doesn't know what she's going to do because her and her husband were thinking boy/girl. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but she should be thankful that both babies appear to be healthy and that she is able to get pregnant let alone with twins.
I'm sorry I know some people will hope for one sex over another and I don't have a problem with that because what matters to them is that the baby is healthy and they know they'll love it anyway. This woman is talking like her world has come to an end because she's going to have two boys!
I wanted to post a response and tell her to stop acting like a spoiled brat because there are plenty of women out there that would be grateful to have just one baby no matter what the sex let alone twins. But I knew it wouldn't exactly come out like that so I thought I'd come here and vent.
Of course I had to read that on the day I got my BFN.

Okay I think I'm done.

Old 09-13-04, 05:29 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 115.1%

Yikes. Some people don't know how lucky they are.

Old 09-13-04, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I agree... I always wanted twins. I can't imagine being sad about any part of it...

Old 09-13-04, 09:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

That is so maddening. I always thought I wanted a girl, and then fell madly in love w/ my DS. I don't care if I have more boys...and after losing a pg at 20 weeks due to severe defects, I know that a healthy baby is the most important thing.

I remember when I was posting on the due date boards last year and we were all getting our big sonos done. One girl moaned about how horrible her sono was because the doc was running late and that it was a boy and she wanted a girl and it was just horrible. I replied to her post and said "you know what a horrible appointment is? Having the doc tell you your baby probably won't live and you probably won't be pregnant much longer...get your priorities straight".

UGH.

Old 09-13-04, 10:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I believe that you can't judge someone until you walk in their shoes (oh God, did I really say that?

) We had a short time poster on this board a while back. After she did the IUI and got pg, she said something like....what have I done? I guess there is no turning back now". Well if I could have put my hands through the computer to reach her neck, I would have.

This woman from your other board has no idea how lucky she really is. Glinda recommends psychiatric help. I fear she will go through post partum depression and be a threat to her children's well being. Glinda also predicts she will get over this and feel like an

when she comes to her senses.

You took her post especially hard because you just got a negative. Trust me, we will party here the day you post your pg! Don't let this woman's sour grapes get you down.

(And if you really want to get even, I'll send an oompa loompa to her house

)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools