Baby Corner

Old 06-02-05, 03:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Need your hugs today guys.

I must admit to having a very bad today. My husbands sister is as I type in our local hospital in labour with her 1st child which they tried for 3 months for. We have now been ttc for 5 years, I am very happy to be becoming an aunty but it is so bitter sweet I just wonder when it will be our time in Labour and delivery. My family are going to be so very happy the next few days for my sister in law. My husband is excited but really really hurting right now he feels it is his fault we are not in the same place as his sister. I must confess to staying in bed till lunch time because I just could not face getting up and facing the world today after the phone call at 8am saying Helen was in labour.

I really am happy for her and hope all is well and want to be an aunty but boy does it hurt to.

Ruthx

Old 06-02-05, 05:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We all understand how you are feeling. And soon enough, it will be your time

Old 06-02-05, 05:19 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default child mentioned below

Ruth

I'm sure every single one of us on this board has had a day like you are having (I've had about 750 of them!). I'm so sorry that it has been so painful. I know what you mean about being happy for those pg people or those with babies, yet feeling so resentful. I spent 2 1/2 years being bitter and angry and just down right hateful towards my friends and family members who would announce they were pg!! Some of them have struggled like I have, but some of them would try for 2 months and get pg. It just didn't seem fair to me. I think you should take as much time as you need before you see the new little baby. I think your SIL will understand that it is very painful for you and DH right now. My friends and family completely understood, but of course after Shaye came into our lives I felt like such a dope for being so resentful. Those feelings are still very real to me and I know I will never forget the pain that was once in my heart. When you feel ready, cuddle that little baby and know that it will someday happen for you!!

Old 06-02-05, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Old 06-02-05, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools