Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Need your hugs today guys.

Reply Post New Topic

• rsmit02 rsmit02's Avatar 06-02-05 | 02:31 PM
  • I must admit to having a very bad today. My husbands sister is as I type in our local hospital in labour with her 1st child which they tried for 3 months for. We have now been ttc for 5 years, I am very happy to be becoming an aunty but it is so bitter sweet I just wonder when it will be our time in Labour and delivery. My family are going to be so very happy the next few days for my sister in law. My husband is excited but really really hurting right now he feels it is his fault we are not in the same place as his sister. I must confess to staying in bed till lunch time because I just could not face getting up and facing the world today after the phone call at 8am saying Helen was in labour.

I really am happy for her and hope all is well and want to be an aunty but boy does it hurt to.

Ruthx
  • glinda glinda's Avatar 06-02-05 | 04:17 PM

•  

We all understand how you are feeling. And soon enough, it will be your time

• SnowboardingMommy SnowboardingMommy's Avatar 06-02-05 | 04:19 PM
  • Ruth

I'm sure every single one of us on this board has had a day like you are having (I've had about 750 of them!). I'm so sorry that it has been so painful. I know what you mean about being happy for those pg people or those with babies, yet feeling so resentful. I spent 2 1/2 years being bitter and angry and just down right hateful towards my friends and family members who would announce they were pg!! Some of them have struggled like I have, but some of them would try for 2 months and get pg. It just didn't seem fair to me. I think you should take as much time as you need before you see the new little baby. I think your SIL will understand that it is very painful for you and DH right now. My friends and family completely understood, but of course after Shaye came into our lives I felt like such a dope for being so resentful. Those feelings are still very real to me and I know I will never forget the pain that was once in my heart. When you feel ready, cuddle that little baby and know that it will someday happen for you!!
  • range range's Avatar 06-02-05 | 09:31 PM

•