Baby Corner

Old 10-01-17, 12:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2600%

Hi dear. I am about 22 weeks with my second pregnancy. My son is 2 1/2 and takes all of my energy during the day as I am a stay at home mom. We recently had to move in with my parents due to hard times. I have to desire to have sex by the time bedtime rolls around. I am so tired of chasing after my 2 yr old all day and keeping up with the house. With my last pregnancy I wanted sex all the time, so my poor husband thinks this one will be the same way and it isn’t. I am glad to see I am not the only one here. Many expectant parents are primarily concerned that intercourse will cause a miscarriage, particularly in the first trimester. Miscarriages are unrelated to sexual activity. There is no proof that sex in pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage. The most common cause of a miscarriage is a genetic defect in the developing fetus. Some infections may be a factor, but they're usually not the result of sexual activity.

Old 11-10-17, 10:45 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 3
Weekly Activity 9300%

Hello, unfortunately the threat of miscarriage also contributes to sexual intercourse, physically heavy loads, falls, bumps in the abdomen. But you are right that the main causes of miscarriage in the first trimester are:
Genetic defects in the embryo, which are not compatible with life. According to statistics, about 70% of this reason is the threat of miscarriage. Genetic disorders are not hereditary, but arise as a result of certain mutations in the sex cells of a man and a woman due to the action of exogenous factors (viruses, alcohol, drugs). It is not possible to prevent miscarriages associated with genetic mutations. It is possible only in advance, before pregnancy, to reduce the risk of genetic defects in the fetus, eliminating mutagenic factors.
Hormonal disorders in women associated with an inadequate production of the hormone progesterone necessary for the emergence, maintenance and progression of pregnancy. To prevent miscarriage associated with a deficiency of progesterone is possible, if the causative factor is determined in time and eliminated.
Also, a high level of androgens in the body of a pregnant woman can contribute to the threat of miscarriage. Because these hormones inhibit the secretion of female hormones - progesterone and estrogen, necessary for pregnancy.
Imbalance of adrenal and thyroid hormones in the pregnant body also contributes to the threat of miscarriage.
Rhesus-conflict, resulting from the rejection by the body of the Rh-negative female organism of the Rh-positive fetus. With this problem, progesterone is often prescribed to prevent miscarriage.
Infectious diseases in a woman caused by nonspecific and specific infections.
To nonspecific diseases carry - influenza, hepatitis, pneumonia, pyelonephritis, appendicitis, etc.
To specific infections belong - gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, toxoplasmosis, herpes - and cytomegalovirus infection.
Prior abortion can be the cause of miscarriage, because abortion is a manipulation that is stressful for the woman's organism and disrupts the work of her genitals.
Taking medicines and herbs can cause a threat of miscarriage. For example, taking hormonal drugs, narcotic analgesics, antibiotics, etc. Of herbs, the threat of miscarriage in the early period can provoke - St. John's wort, nettle, tansy, parsley, etc.
Frequent emotional overstrain provokes a threat of miscarriage.
Management of an incorrect way of life, which consists in the reception of narcotic substances, alcoholic beverages, including smoking and taking caffeine containing drinks.
In general, there are a lot of such factors. Yes, I agree with you, sexual intercourse is one of the lesser reasons that can provoke miscarriage. But I believe that you can avoid a miscarriage, because this is your second pregnancy and you know what you need to do. In general, it is important to avoid not only these negative factors, but also to eat right and lead a healthy lifestyle. And also, if the doctor allows you, then you can go to Pilates or do a little exercise. After all, you must agree, even a pregnant woman should remain beautiful. And pregnancy only complements the beauty of a woman. I hope that your pregnancy is good and the birth will be fast. I wish you and your baby health.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools