Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Nervous Nellie

Reply Post New Topic

• bonnie bonnie's Avatar 12-20-05 | 02:43 PM
  • So I ordered another beta today...I'm not even sure if it will make me feel better...I just know wating until the 28th to see progress is out! My regular prenatals are scheduled for mid-late January, and even though getting a beta at this time isn't the norm, my doc knows my circumstances and ordered the test. I already feel better....I think I'm becoming more neurotic! I went to my weight lifting class last night (which I was told was fine) and then had the worst stomach ache all night...so I got really worried....I'm taking it so easy from now on.... even though it was probably just...hem...gas.

• spunkie1976 spunkie1976's Avatar 12-20-05 | 03:01 PM
  • Bonnie, under your circumstances to get Pg, I can only begin to imagine your concern and worry. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you relax a little bit, but trust me twinges and cramps..... or even *gas* is ALL very normal in Pg ( I spent the first 8 weeks of my current pg cramping horribley) They tell you not to "over do it" but, what over doing it vary's from person to person. good luck with this beta.....and try to relax so you enjoy this pg, I know it's hard, but when your baby arrives safe and sound, do you only want to remember that you spent the entire thing freaking out ?

• bonnie bonnie's Avatar 12-20-05 | 03:20 PM
  • Great advice! Thanks. What is your name "spunkie"? Did you do IVF before??
  • spunkie1976 spunkie1976's Avatar 12-20-05 | 03:27 PM
  • My name is Vickie.....and I guess I am fortunate enough to have you ladies to put my "accidental pg" in perspective. I've never had to do IVF or anything of the sort, but like everyone else I love a good "cinderella story......with a happy ending" that is why I've been lurking here

• JagsAli JagsAli's Avatar 12-20-05 | 04:01 PM
  • Bonnie-That is good advice what Vickie gave you. It is hard to just relax with what we have all had to go thru to get here and you know best of all w/ the BFN the first time, it is easier said than done. Do what you need to to make yourself relax, but your numbers are good and strong, so you are just another pg woman. I would love to tell you it gets easier but it never does, there is always one more test to do or one more dr. to go to and you will constantly worry, as you are now a Mom. This is what Mom's do...worry. Good luck w/ your new Beta and let us know how it goes. Take care.
    Allison