Baby Corner

Old 12-24-05, 01:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks Allison. My quad last night totally cleared out so I should be counting my blessings I'm still here and can be here another week. One girl lost her baby after a cerclage (ouch) and the other went to delivery. I don't have more cuz of HIPPA. I just pick stuff up here and there. My nurses decorated my room last night. It looks so nice and extra cozy with the lights. I'm going to be remembering how lucky I am today.

L

Old 12-24-05, 01:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Bonnie that is exactly what happened to me. Dh couldn't make it to my first scan and I remember lying there thrilled to see K so perfectly like she was meant to at that stage. Then they looked for any evidence of the second embie, found it and I could see immediately it was different. They told me too that it was already in the process of re-absorbing. It was a bittersweet moment, overwhelming joy at my luck to have a healthy peanut, sadness that the other had gotten so far and I'd never know why it didn't make it too. (both my embies were the same grade & cell number even). Telling dh was horrid. I have a picture of that embie I treasure. I allowed myself to cry for it when I got home, then buried the memory and concentrated on how very lucky I am to have Katie. It did leave me terrified that something would happpen to her too so I'm glad you're geting the reassurance of those scans. But that's all they're going to be, wonderful reassurances! So basically what I'm trying to say is

and

that you have a healthy perfect peanut in there!

Old 12-27-05, 01:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks girls! Leslie, I'm glad your Chirstmas was good...the nurses are sounding better-decorating your room and all! We told all of DH's family on Christmas day...I thought we might lose both his Dad and Mom of heart attacks! We told his Dad and step mom by phone...they actually had to get off the phone to collect themselves and then called back oozing love and happiness. His mom started hyperventalating and crying...you've never seen a happier woman! DH is youngest of 3 sibs at 45...this is the 1st grandchild!

Celia, Loved your sentiments about 2nd embryo...I for some reason was not too sad about it-more contemplative that this was meant to be, etc. For some reason in the back of my mind I wonder about the little one "catching up" ...I know it won't have and will probably not even show on the US Wednesday....but....I guess I'll have this little fantasy going on unitl I see that she/he is gone....

Old 12-27-05, 01:17 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

hi bonnie, i have been out of the loop for a week or so. I am so happy for you, what a great time of year to get that news! I wish you a healthy and happy 9 months

DIane

Old 12-27-05, 05:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Quote:
"For some reason in the back of my mind I wonder about the little one "catching up" ...I know it won't have and will probably not even show on the US Wednesday....but....I guess I'll have this little fantasy going on unitl I see that she/he is gone...."
Bonnie, here are some old posts of mine. You hold onto your fantasy because you just never know.

December 21, 2004

I went for my u/s to get another look at the bubble. Mind you, I'm only 5 weeks so there is not much to see. My IVF clinic has yet to tell me to have an u/s. Well the bubble was there and bigger too . Inside there was a little grain which is the fetal pole. Hopefully, next week there will be a flicker of a heartbeat there.

The monitor was turned in my direction so I could watch the whole thing. Suddenly I say ooh and the dr says stop to the nurse. See in addition to my medical degree that I've earned doing all these procedures, I also qualify as an u/s tech I said there is a 2nd bubble. The dr said it is 1/3 the size of the other embryo so he doesn't think it will make it. I say, I'm Miss Negativity and we're going to pray for the little guy.....now snap their pics.

December 30, 2004

Thanks for asking. I was debating about posting an update. Sometimes my life can be soap opera like. It certainly has been a topsy turvy week.

I went for another u/s last Friday and both sacs had gotten bigger. Friday night, I started to cramp while working at my computer. On Saturday, I went to the movies and I started to cramp while in the theater. On Sunday, I started to cramp in the car. I got out and walked around and seemed to be fine. I thought maybe I cramp when I'm sitting for extended periods of time. However, I didn't like the feel of the cramps. It wasn't like AF was due. The cramps were like once AF is here and you're bleeding so you hold your stomach. Well when I got in from the car ride, I found blood in my underwear. I didn't bleed during the night. On Monday morning, the nurse did an u/s (my dr is on vacation). Both sacs were still there. She set up an appointment for the following day with the dr's brother who is an ob/gyn. I'm checking my e-mail Tuesday morning when a gush of blood comes out of me. This was not spotting. Fortunately, I knew I had the dr's appointment in the afternoon. I bled and expelled clots all morning. By the time I got to the dr's office, the bleeding had stopped. He did an u/s. It was exactly 6 weeks. The dr seems to think that the smaller sac is deteriorating and that's what caused the bleeding. As for the larger sac, he was able to pick up the heartbeat. With the sono machine, I was able to actually hear it. It was 109. The dr said anything over 100 is fine at this point.

While I have had no bleeding episodes since Tuesday, I do cramp on and off. I also went for b/w this morning. In 3 days, my beta went from 9051 to 18,675 so I am pleased with that. My E2 also took a jump from 229 to 689. I'm glad I'm off the antibiotics. That was probabaly holding my E2 back. My P4 fluctuates alot. Right now, it's at 70.

I'm just going to take it day by day.

Even with all this going on, I never became alarmed. It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and I'm not surprised by anything. I also can't get excited about anything. Maybe someday this will change.

January 25, 2005

Thanks for thinking of me. As of today, I'm 10 weeks pg with twins. I find it very hard to believe. But I do believe, I saw one wave at me yesterday . In the beginning, I was told the small one wasn't going to make it. He/she is still here and is now just a few days behind the other one. I found a high risk dr who I really like. She said she's optimistic which pleased me. It's been rough for me because of my past history. I also find having no symptoms a problem. I constantly wonder if they are still there, hence, my reluctance to post on the boards.

Thanks for your good wishes. It means alot.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools