Baby Corner

Old 09-14-05, 04:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New Beta

Well I just got the news my new Beta number is 213 from 156. The nurse seems to think this is fine, she said that the number is suppose to double every 2-3 days...and she said that she could do another draw on Friday but that the Dr. would not want one, so she set me up for the ultrasound. It will be on 9/27/05 at 7:00 am. I will be 6 1/2 weeks by then. So I am to stay on the Progesterone shots for another 3 days...she is calling in the oral now, I will take one tonight and then take 3 pills a day along w/ the shots. Can't wait to get off the shots! I am soooo excited now, it is starting to feel a little bit like I am pregnant!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Missy how did the test go?

Old 09-14-05, 04:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am happy that those BETAs rising, I know what you mean about starting to feel pregnant(just a little bit pregnant

that's what I would tell my friends if I wasn't waiting until the 12th week fingers X. Your ultrasound is just a couple of days before mine, hopefully we will both be posting more good news. Does your clinic give pics? Wishing you well. oh, by the way, POAS lately? I must be crazy, because I still want to go buy the 3 pack of digitals from Wally World and make them all say (pregnant).

Old 09-14-05, 04:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Trisha thanks...I was glad to hear it was rising too and that they did not need or want to do another one. I am excited about the the U/s can't wait to see what is going on in there...what should I expect?? I don't know if they give pix or not, I have never gotten this far before. So I guess I just will cut my cord from the clinic until the 27th!! We are right together me and you. I don't know what POAS is, can you tell me? tx. I know I want to go buy some pregnancy tests too...I still feel nothing! But I guess that is good too. She said if the off the shots she said if the pills make me dizzy or nausea I could take them vaginally!! yikes...I hope they don't make me nausea or dizzy.

Old 09-14-05, 05:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hello Lady,
POAS - Pee on a stick, I know I will cave and buy those test, 3 for $18, I will get them all to say pregnant at once

, just kidding, a crazy rant, dare I blame it on pregnancy brain

Hopefully you want have any side effects. I didn't start feeling anything until 4wks5days, now I feel like I have a constant lump im my throat, starvin, light headed, peeing all the time, exhausted w/ some bursts of energy, and a little nauseus, that's it so far for me. No meds here stopped at 12dp3dt. They are dating my pregnancy by my last menstral. Can't wait for more updates, it's great our cyclesare so close.

Old 09-15-05, 06:05 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Allison, it is my recommendation that you go for another beta on Friday and also have your progesterone level tested. I would NOT stop the injections and rely solely on oral progesterone. If you did not have an u/s then the nurse doesn't even know the thickness of your lining. The injections get to the spot much better than pills. I would really hold off until your numbers were solidly doubling. I know it's a pain in the ass (truly) but my motto is "better safe than sorry". A drop in progesterone level may cause a m/c.

My 2 cents.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools