Baby Corner

Old 09-20-05, 02:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi to both new members! Let me just say IT IS OVERWHELMING!! But only at first. Once you get into it, you just do it. You take the meds, you go for the tests, you continue working and living and hopefully

you become a mother

I put IVF off for way too long, out of fear and now regret waiting...I just finished my first try and the embryos didn't take this time. But I was able to freeze three embryos so that in this next cycle, I won't have to take all the meds. I'm hopefull that the second time will be the charm! As far as pain goes, I didn't find anything unbearable...I gave my shots myself, after icing...no big deal. Take it day-by day and try to relax-Easier said than done I know!! Good luck to both of you,

Old 09-20-05, 02:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ladies, you'll be fine. It's a sinch!

I'm deathly afraid of needles and blood and all that and by the end I was doing my own shots without ice, numbing cream, or anything. You'll get so excited once you start all your meds you won't even care about the shots. I think that sonahistogram was the worse I've ever been through, that and those ice cold speculums!! The shots, pills and all the other junk seem really confusing but I GUARANTEE!!!! the nurses will not let you mess it up. I started crying when I saw the video because I had no idea what they were talking about and by now I'm a pro. Just relax and try and look at the fun side. You can shock your friends and get a bunch of sympathy just showing them the length of the P4 shots! The best way to get through this is to find ways to relax and smile and stay positive. We also all got some type of fertility beads, icons, whatever to worship (I know! blasphme!) If I can do it anyone can!! Leslie

Old 09-20-05, 03:13 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome new members, you are going to love all the people in this site. I was completely overwhelmed as well. My husband has extrememly low sperm count and motility so we are doing IVF with ICSI. I am in the middle of the cycle now and its not as bad as i thought. The scary part is the unknown. I hate not knowing about things, which makes this a great site. everyone can answer your questions and you feel better from knowing, keep us posted on your journey.

Leslie.. i keep hearing you talk about the beads, where do you get them, i need them bad, i am feeling empty now that all you knocked up snobs ,,hehehehehe, had beads and i have nothing. i want to go shopping after work to get something, my retrieval is this weekend

Diane

Old 09-20-05, 05:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Diane, I made mine. I found the stones I needed at a bead store. I used a turtle for the clasp. I used clear quartz, tourmaline, amethyist, and a couple others. The lady at the store knew what to do. There are "goddesses of fertility" charms you can get. You'll find something. Good luck! Leslie

Old 09-20-05, 07:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome ladies

Don't worry, it is not nearly as bad as you think it's going to be. I gave myself most of my own shots without ice, or anything to numb the area. They don't hurt. I didn't feel like anything hurt (except the tesy where they run dye through your tubes). If you made it through that one, everything else is a piece of cake. Diane....I recommend getting yourself a little good luck charm before the retrieval....It works! I have a fertility goddess necklace

Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools