Baby Corner

Old 09-20-05, 08:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Talking

Welcome Ladies,
Wishing you both successful cycles, don't worry once you get started cycling, it's amazing the things you accomplish that you thought were impossible, as far as painful tests, the HSG and the saline sono are at the top of the list, other work up test are a piece of cake compared to those. Hope tto get to know you 2 better.
Trisha

Old 09-20-05, 09:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi new girls!! I am in the middle of my 2nd ivf cycle. I said 3 yrs ago when my sis-in-law did ivf (and got pg) that "I could never do that" and here I am. I am also THE biggest baby about needles and my own blood and stuff. But after my bfn in June I would've thrown myself right back in again right away if I could've. Like the other girls said, in the beginning you are a little nervous, but mostly about doing the shots right relative to the meds and not wanting to mess up or waste them which they tell you exactly what to do. Just tonight I was doing my shots and screwing a needle back onto the syringe and I thought "boy if my mom could see this she would be impressed" and ya know what? It is empowering, being able to do something that you never thought you could do before.

I'm sure you're both very strong ladies, or you wouldn't be here. You'll be looking back in a few months, hopefully pregnant, thinking "that wasn't so bad". Trust me.

Old 09-21-05, 02:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeim
Diane, I made mine. I found the stones I needed at a bead store. I used a turtle for the clasp. I used clear quartz, tourmaline, amethyist, and a couple others. The lady at the store knew what to do. There are "goddesses of fertility" charms you can get. You'll find something. Good luck! Leslie

Diane- this is the coolest idea, thanks!! my girlfriend at work what's to get a tattoo to symbolize her three children. I already have two tattoos and don't want anymore so this idea would work for me. They have such pretty crystal beads now and making your own jewelry is the in thing. How could I get my hands on one of those :goddesses of firtility" charms, website maybe. Thanks Stac

Jalove

Old 09-21-05, 09:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Welcome ladies, like everyone else has said, it is not so bad once you get into it. The shots are not bad and it goes by quick, the end result is what we are all hoping for and wishing for and that keeps you going. Good luck to both of you and looking forward to hearing your progress, if you have any questions this is the place to ask them as all the ladies are very knowledgable. Take care.

Old 09-21-05, 09:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

p.s. I do have a necklace that another IVFer gave me it is a prayer box necklace w/ Faith on one side and Hope on the other, I have not taken it off since I got it and I believe it has helped me stay positive. Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools