Baby Corner

Old 09-21-05, 11:43 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks a lot !! for all the encouragement and support from you guys on this board. I feel a lot more spirited and suported today.

Old 09-25-05, 05:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

to you both!

The worst bit is the not-knowing - the anticipation & worries before your cycle - once you start you'll be amazed how fast injections become a normal part of your day! Dh was/is a needle phobic - but knowing I really wanted him to be as involved as possible in our cycle he was soon a pro at giving me my shots (he's still upset he never got to do one into my bum

) We were lucky to be given an epi-pen/auto-injector device by our clinic that meant you couldn't actually see the needle going in - so I consider us pretty wussy compared to some around here. One tip I remember is that it hurts less to inject into your stomach than thighs, less nerve endings there. Also I always bruised on my thighs unless I used ice first. Cycle through different sites helps too, so day one maybe leftside tummy, day2 rightside etc.
I know we also found that once started on the cycle we finally felt like we had some sort of control back - we were finally doing something positive towards starting the family we so longed for. I also found relaxation techniques helped me a lot throughout, and a lot of the ladies here can tell you how acupuncture really helped them through their cycles.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools