Baby Corner

Old 04-03-08, 05:15 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default New to IVF

hi im having IVF done next mont i have a 1 missing fallopian tube and ovary and the other is damaged doctors have told me ivf is thenext step for me so wev decided to go to south africa next month and have it done there. My qestion is they are asking me to take contraceptive pill because it helps to predict your period, my periods are always on time so dont no whether i should take them, is there any other reason y u should take them?

Old 04-06-08, 03:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I had to take BC with the start of my last AF before starting all of the meds. I started Lupron 5 days before my last BCP. The RE said it was so that they could start taking control of the timing of my body. They need to control everyone cycle so that everyone is not primed and ready to go at the same time They only have so many petri dished.
Good luck to you!

Old 04-18-08, 04:28 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 18.33%

Hi there!

The BCP helps to shut down your system too, and helps reduce the chance of any left over follicles from being left over and developing into cysts during your stimulated cycle.

Old 09-21-17, 03:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 583.33%

Hi friend, I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time. You should handle this horrible problem with positive attitude towards life that helps you to provide sufficient energy to handle this difficult situation in positive way. I am here for you to provide valuable information that is sufficient to clear your doubts in easy and effective way. I also face same problem like you this is golden opportunity for you to overcome this horrible problem on behalf of my personal life experience that create win-win situation in your life. I can understand your nervousness and anxiety due to new medical IVF test tube baby treatment. You should take it lightly this is completely medical base treatment that has capacity and efficiency to provide real value of time and money with healthy baby gift that fulfill your whole life with happiness like me. You make appropriate planning with your husband to get sudden magic effect on your body and mind. We consult with gynecologist of Ukraine to understand the main cause and effective treatment to defeat infertility problem in my life.
It is good news that you are aware about your health that is beneficial for you in long term. It is normal to have irregular period cycle with stress and depression in your life. You can easily maintain your body hormone level in balance with effective habits like healthy balanced diet and easy exercise as per your capacity and endurance to get maximum benefit in short time period to convert your dream into reality to enjoy baby gift in your life that fulfill your whole life with happiness. You find IVF test tube baby treatment is little expensive but you can earn maximum benefit with a healthy baby gift.

Old 11-10-17, 09:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 3
Weekly Activity 775%

Hi, I will help you deal with this issue.
The preparatory period is the longest period in the period of preparation for IVF. Since during this time it is necessary to pass the examination not only to the woman, but also to the man. After conducting the necessary tests, the doctor, in most cases, appoints the patients the birth control pills before IVF, thus causing confusion, since the main goal for them is pregnancy.
The use of hormonal drugs allows: to reduce the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation.
- Prevent or help reduce ovarian cysts.
- "Rest" to the ovaries, because the birth control pills suppress the production of their own hormones, which lead to natural ovulation.
-To adjust the menstrual cycle.
Very often contraceptive before IVF are prescribed in combination with drugs for the treatment of endometriosis, fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia. Hormonal medications can be recommended to patients who have a history of ovarian dysfunction or an ectopic pregnancy.
The course of treatment is individual and depends on the patient's anamnesis. In some cases, contraceptives are prescribed to take several months. Tablets should be taken on the first day of the menstrual cycle. It is recommended to take contraceptive medications at the same time, and, to avoid side effects, during meals or at night. So whether it is necessary to prescribe contraceptives before starting a protocol, the question is controversial. Since, according to some research results, in patients who took contraceptives before IVF, there was a significant deterioration in the functional activity of the endometrium. Which, perhaps, was the reason for the decrease in the effectiveness of the procedure.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools