Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments New Member... Saying hello! (Xpost from New Member forum)

New Member... Saying hello! (Xpost from New Member forum)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-02-07, 11:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't mind at all you asking, I wondered the same things when we started out. It took us 3 tries to conceive our DD. When we started trying for #2 I got pg on the 2nd attempt but it turned out to be a blighted ovum ( gestational sac only, no baby developed). We immediately started trying again and I got pg on the first try, but sadly that one also ended in miscarriage. After licking my wounds for a few months we tried again and got pg the 2nd time and so far everything looks really good with this pregnancy. I think it is a total crapshoot though. Some people it takes quite a bit longer. I think the statistics say an average of 6 tries for success. But as many ladies will tell you on this board - it can take much longer for some, and others have gotten pregnant on try #1. I think sometimes it takes a while to get to know your body and when you normally ovulate after your surge or the HCG trigger. Be patient if it doesn't happen quickly, but know your odds are way better than they ever have been !! Good luck.

Old 02-05-07, 02:38 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome, Kristin!

I hope that you are successful soon!

Old 02-05-07, 11:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow TNbabyRN, thank you so much for your honesty and insight. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I'm very excited at this whole prospect of finally becoming pregnant, but I'm also very scared and overwhelmed. I've done so much research that my head is swimming! I'm so hopeful that it'll work quickly for us, and now I'm apprehensive, as I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them all crash down if it doesn't work right away. Anyways, just wanted to thank you for being so open and honest, it means a lot to me.

Old 02-26-07, 06:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi! Just joined...sounds like we have a lot in common. My husband has the same situation with hormones, but no sperm. I can tell you, after 3 IUI's w/o success, it can get hard, but I know I'm healthy and it will happen in time. Best of luck to you both-I hope we can share some experiences w/each other! It really helps to have someone to talk to about it!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools