Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments new member starting IVF with ICSI, any help?

new member starting IVF with ICSI, any help?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-30-05, 08:29 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default new member starting IVF with ICSI, any help?

I am 28 and will be starting in August due to a low motility number from my husband SA. only 20%! I am nervous and depressed and some days feel like i am simply strong enough to do this. You all seem so strong to me and it is so encouraging reading your stories and seeing how close you all become because of the curse of infertility we were all dealt! Anyone who has had similiar issues I welcome your theory and how things worked or are working for you.

Old 06-30-05, 09:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome aboard....My name is Missy and obviously my hubby and I are dealing with infertility. Our situation is a little different than yours, but we also did a cycle with ICSI. Our 1st Ivf cycle didn't work for us, but we learned that my husbands swimmers are not penetrating my eggs shell ((thus the ICSI for the 2nd cycle). I had my egg retrieval today, so I will know tomorrow if ICSI worked. I can guarantee you that you are alot stronger than you may feel. It's scary doing IVF, and also alot of work, but think of what you can get from it

If you need any questions answered, or any support, this is a great place to go. The ladies on this site have helped me tremendously. Good luck Missy

Old 06-30-05, 10:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking

Welcome to the site,

Wishing you the best in your upcoming cycle. I will be cycling in August also. Can't wait to get to know you.

Old 06-30-05, 10:30 PM
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default thanks missy

Thanks Missy for your encouragement. I actually have a close friend who had the same problem as you guys, her outer shell of egg did not let sperm in. They now have a beautiful 4 year old girl from ICSI. My sister is currently preg with twins from IVF so its not that new to me. I saw her go threw failed IUIs and luckily her first IVF worked and she has a 1.5 year old girl, and tried again and it worked the first time and now its twins. She had a undiagnosed issue though. I am not sure if its good that I saw her go threw it or bad, I may know too much of the timed shots and everything. I am glad I found this website though and definitely keep on touch with me on your status
Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy M
Welcome aboard....My name is Missy and obviously my hubby and I are dealing with infertility. Our situation is a little different than yours, but we also did a cycle with ICSI. Our 1st Ivf cycle didn't work for us, but we learned that my husbands swimmers are not penetrating my eggs shell ((thus the ICSI for the 2nd cycle). I had my egg retrieval today, so I will know tomorrow if ICSI worked. I can guarantee you that you are alot stronger than you may feel. It's scary doing IVF, and also alot of work, but think of what you can get from it

If you need any questions answered, or any support, this is a great place to go. The ladies on this site have helped me tremendously. Good luck Missy

Old 06-30-05, 10:35 PM
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default good luck too trisha

Thanks Trisha, let me now about your tests and how everything goes. I have to wait till the end of this cycle, i am ovulatin now, but i guess that does not matter any more, then when nrxt cycle starts I have to undergo certain testa, dye tests and blood work for my insurance to allow us to skip over everything and go roight o IVF with ICSI. I am predicting I will get my period around August 12 so will start then. I wish you the most of luck and keep me posted
Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tichatte
Welcome to the site,

Wishing you the best in your upcoming cycle. I will be cycling in August also. Can't wait to get to know you.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools