Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments new member starting IVF with ICSI, any help?

new member starting IVF with ICSI, any help?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-01-05, 11:43 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am a new member and I am currently on Superfact and will have the EC in 2 weeks, this is my 2nd try at IVF and last summer I had a failed IUI. During my first try at IVF I was very nervous and I did not know anyone who had gone through this, so I totally believed that it would work first time, this time I am much stronger. I had an ectopic pregancy, which has left me with only 1 fallopian tube. Good luck to everyone who is ttc. xxx

Old 07-01-05, 06:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Smile I am in a similar situation

Hi girls, My name is Crissy and I am 28 yrs. old. I just started my first IVF cycle,today is day 4 for me. My husband has low numbers of sperm. The doctors are telling me that I am very healthy and shouldn't have any problems. I have been crying ever since yesterday. I ordered all of the necessary meds and NEEDLES (yikes). I feel so scared. My husband and I will be going to an injection class this SUN. so that he can learn how to administer the shots when the time comes. Is it going to hurt??? (that's all that I keep thinking) I feel so jipped. All of my friends around me are pregnant and I AM TRULYready to be a mommy too! It was good to read a lot of these posts though to see that there are other ladies in this situation. I am just so worried. My greatest fear is that I will go through all of this and it won't work! What are the chances>> does anybody know statistics? I wish everybody the best of luck. It really is nice having a place to talk about this. Thanks

Old 07-01-05, 08:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Crissy,

Welcome aboard! I know the statistics for the place that I go for my IVF's.....They will only put back 2 embryo's (unless their are extenuating circumstances) and they have a 33% success rate for fresh cycles (live births). Of that 33%, the success rate for twins is also 33%. I am on my 2nd try. The first was a negative. I just had my eggs harvested yesterday. If you are on day 4 of your cycle, how come you haven't started your injections yet? Usually they start on day 2. They don't really hurt. Giving them in your stomach is a piece of cake. Once you give your first one, you'll be fine. I know what you mean about all your friends having kids, I am 35 and all my friends have kids also. The topping on the cake was 10 months ago my sister gave birth to twin boys....that was hard. Well, good luck to you. Missy

Old 07-01-05, 09:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Welcome Crissy! I am Bonnie, and I am 39 years old. I've been putting off IVF for many years out of fear, but now am doing my first (and hopefuly last

) cycle this month. My tubes were infected with extra-pulmanary (sp?) TB and so did not work. I didn't know why they didn't work until they removed them last year in order to do IVF! Then I had to go on antibiotics for the TB for 6months-so the IVF was post-poned. I'm finally getting all of my drugs together and did my final blood tests today. There is a lot of work and prep that goes into it before you begin and it can get depressing and madening...I work in OBGyn with preg. woman who are using substances during their preg. (counselor)....it has been a big challenge for me (who wants a baby SO BADLY), to see women not taking proper care of theirs while developing....life is not fair. But I know I'm doing good work and I know that if I'm meant to be a mother then this will work

Best of luck to you-keep relaxed and think positive thoughts as much as possible!

Old 07-01-05, 09:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default question

HI Bonnie, HI Missy,
Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. Sometimes its hard to stay positive.....but I gues you just have to remember what you can have at the end of the road!

My doctor acutally started me on birth control yesterday, day 3 and will start me on Lupron on day 12, I think thats an injection and then I have to take the lupron for a while before I start the other injections.
Does that sound right to you??

I have to say this is all very overwhelming for me not to mention that I'm not a very good patient!!! (I suppose I will become a pro at this once this is all over)
Okay have a good night. Have sweet dreams of babies LOL

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools