Baby Corner

Old 04-22-05, 11:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New to the process

Hi All, I am just beginning this process of tyring to concieve through IVF...Any adivce before I begin??? I've been through so many tests and I am sure that IVF is my best (and only) shot at concieving.
Thanks, Bonnie

Old 04-23-05, 08:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Bonnie, I also am new to the process. I just finished my 1st IVF cycle and we are waiting for the results. My only advice to you is to try to relax and be patient. At times, you will find that this is really hard to do

The ladies on this web site are fantastic and very supportive. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they have helped me alot. Good luck to you. When are you getting started? Missy M

Old 04-23-05, 04:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Bonnie. Like Missy said, ask a lot of questions. If you don't get answers you understand, like myself, ask the women on this site...they are incredibly knowledgeable. I just finished my first IVF cycle and got a positive result and now I'm waiting to see if the embryo continues to grow. The waiting never stops. My advice is to stay busy, too much time spent thinking about it was my downfall. Best of luck! Laura ann

Old 04-25-05, 10:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Wink

Hi Bonnie. I have gone through the IVF proccess once before...and it was a success. We were able to get pregnant with twins. Unfortunately we did loose them at 18 and 19 weeks gestation. So we are going through it again. We are on day 9 of taking the Follistem shots. We hope to retrieve by the end of the week. The only piece of advice that I can give you is to try to stay calm, have a good attitude and keep yourself busy. You can drive yourself crazy with idle time. You will feel a little bloated when taking the shots, but remember that is is worth it. If you have not thought about freezinf the remaining eggs, you may want to give it some serious thought. We did not expect to loose our babies, but sometimes things do happen. We would not have had to go through all of the shots again if we had. Have a good support system keeping a log of everything helps me as well. Good luck to you.

Shiree Dodson

Old 04-25-05, 04:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Don't freak out about the medication and time table. It all sounded like Greek to me in the beginning but the nurses walk you through EVERY step so you don't miss anything. When I got the video I started crying because I was so confused. The clinic (Minnesota) I went to was awesome with instructions. I'm sure your will be too! Relax. (HA! Unlike me!) Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools