Baby Corner

Old 05-01-05, 02:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default good advice

Hi Shiree- Oh I am crossing my fingers for you! This is so exciting...I think you are right about the remaining eggs...I have in my mind that I will do this once and that will be it, but I KNOW it can take longer (or not work at all

) My latest worry is that over the course of the last year since I did my FSH test, my eggs have gotten too old! I don't know this is the case, but I'm worreid about it (I'm 39)... I guess I'll get more info tomorrow...

Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireedodson
Hi Bonnie. I have gone through the IVF proccess once before...and it was a success. We were able to get pregnant with twins. Unfortunately we did loose them at 18 and 19 weeks gestation. So we are going through it again. We are on day 9 of taking the Follistem shots. We hope to retrieve by the end of the week. The only piece of advice that I can give you is to try to stay calm, have a good attitude and keep yourself busy. You can drive yourself crazy with idle time. You will feel a little bloated when taking the shots, but remember that is is worth it. If you have not thought about freezinf the remaining eggs, you may want to give it some serious thought. We did not expect to loose our babies, but sometimes things do happen. We would not have had to go through all of the shots again if we had. Have a good support system keeping a log of everything helps me as well. Good luck to you.

Shiree Dodson
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools