Baby Corner

Old 07-20-05, 11:13 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Jess and welcome. I agree with Missy, just try to relax and take one day at a time. I hope your first IVF will be your last. Best of luck.

Old 07-21-05, 01:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Jess. Most important is relax and don't stress. I freaked out when I saw the video with all the meds and time tables etc.. I started crying and panicking because I thought I'd never be able to keep track of all the stuff and I was so far away from my clinic (I live in Alaska, clinic is in Minneapolis). Anyway, once it started all coming together it TOTALLY came together. The nurses are great, they do not let you miss a beat. I even went to Miami and they tracked me down there and called in a prescription to my hotel! Try and trust those you've chosen to take care of you. It might seem like they aren't paying enough attention to you in the beginning but don't worry, they've got it under control. Believe me. I'm almost 10 weeks and it only took two trys!!! Best of luck, Leslie

Old 07-21-05, 11:03 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi, I am also new and everyone seems to be from the US, I am actually in Turkey at the moment and I am having my 2nd IVF treatment here, it is very different from the UK, but after reading everyones posts, they seem to do it the American way here. I will have my ER on Saturday morning and the transfer will take place on Tuesday, I am really nervous for the 12 day wait, it was the worst 12 days of my life last time, but I am very positive. On my way to the hospital yesterday a stork flew over the top of the car and to its nest, could this be a sign??

Old 07-21-05, 12:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Zena, when I had my two week wait a momma moose gave birth to twin fouls in my back yard and a momma bear and baby walked by my window in the front. On my way to get my beta test I saw a pod of beluga whales. I got a positive so ..... really believe in animal signs.

PS I live in Alaska but these sighting are rare. Leslie

Old 07-22-05, 07:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

you are so right about signs like that. sometimes we just need those things to get us through another day. i try to keep my eyes and heart open to signs all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeim
Zena, when I had my two week wait a momma moose gave birth to twin fouls in my back yard and a momma bear and baby walked by my window in the front. On my way to get my beta test I saw a pod of beluga whales. I got a positive so ..... really believe in animal signs.

PS I live in Alaska but these sighting are rare. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools