Baby Corner

Old 04-24-06, 07:49 PM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Sorry to butt in here, but this really PO's me. How dare someone working at an infertility office say that infertility is a "luxury"?! How dare they!

You should definitely complain. After all, how much are you paying for this? You are paying their salary. You should be treated with respect. That particular person needs to be spoken to and get an attitude adjustment!

Old 04-24-06, 09:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks Amy, I thought it was totally out of line too. But she doesn't actually work at Cooper IVF which is where I go. She's kind of "contracted" by them, she works for Cooper Anesthesia. I think what she was saying is that, getting pregnant / having a baby is a luxury, (in the medical sense?) though I don't see it that way... I guess she's never taken an "IVF Sensitivity Class"!

Old 04-25-06, 09:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Stacy sorry to hear that you are still in pain!! I know you must be frustrated with that. And man sorry to hear about that anesthesiologist too, man what terrible bed side manners. People that have never had to go thru this just don't understand. I just don't get that. Anyway, how are you feeling otherwise? Not long now until we here that BFP!! you get your test on my stepson's birthday!! so that will be a Great day all the way around. I am praying for you and wishing you the best during this 2 ww. Take care of yourself and rest when you need too.

Old 04-25-06, 02:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Call and tell on her!!! Maybe Cooper won't contract with her anymore...what a B#%&!! She probably has some issues of her own....but still...I'm so furious with her-please tell someone for all of us who suffer with infertility.

Old 04-25-06, 02:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Stacy, the only times I have experienced pain from the procedures were Dr. Choe and retrieval and Dr. Amui with transfer. There really should not be pain with transfer. She had problems placing the embryos. I swear she caused that ectopic by shoving the embryo up my tube. Disclaimer...that is my opinion, not a fact.

I never used anesthesia so I did not experience the outside "help". However, I have experienced rudeness with Cooper employees. I once spent 20 minutes b*tching to Dr. Krotec during a consult. Trust me, they are aware as I know others have complained about the bedside manner.

I do think the comment is worth mentioning to Dr. Check. Send him a quick note. The woman was totally out of line.

Wishing you luck x 4

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools