Baby Corner

Old 03-21-05, 04:44 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Alicia!! I'm sorry to hear about your disappointments with TTC, but let me assure you that adoption is going to change your life!!! Since adopting Shaye, I rarely think about TTC anymore. We are still talking to our RE (who is truly more of a friend to us than anything!) and she keeps asking when we are going to be doing our FET's and that is the ONLY time it really crosses my mind! I thought adoption would be difficult and I really wanted to be pg, but after Shaye's arrival those feelings FLEW out the window!! I look at her and know that SHE is what this is all about, not being pregnant. For me, it's being a mom, not giving birth. She is a miracle, beautiful, healthy....and of course smart, funny, and kind to animals

(we started saying that she was "smart, funny, and kind to animals" after DP's brother told us that we could NOT just tell her she was only beautiful!! That really melted my heart coming from a guy! LOL!).

When we went through our adoption classes, I did it half-heartedly because I *KNEW* I was going to get pg and wouldn't have to deal with all the red tape of adoption. I literally zoned out for 9 months on the adoption process (thank God DP paid attention!!). Truly and honestly, when that baby is put in your arms everything will disappear. All the hurt, frustration, and anger of TTC will just be a bad memory. For me, something just clicked and my 2 1/2 year struggle made sense!! It has made me a better person and a better mommy. Shaye was the little soul I was supposed to have. I'm not a very religious person, but I do believe that SHE was God's plan for us. Now the door is open to other adoptions and who knows.....maybe an FET will work sometime in the future!

Anyway, congrats on getting the adoption started and I will hopefully see you on the adoption boards!!!! I just wanted to offer my support!

Old 03-23-05, 08:26 AM
Waiting for that BFP!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Alicia - wishing all the best of you in your adoption process!! Please keep us up to date, and let us know when you becomme a Mommy!

Marie xx

Old 03-23-05, 04:29 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Hi, Alicia! Good to hear from you. I know you're feeling about your current situation. I am also in the process of making peace with not having a baby through my own pregnancy.

You've made a lot more progress than I have - I hope it happens quickly for you!

Last edited by ~babydoll~; 03-23-05 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools