Baby Corner

Old 12-20-05, 11:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Yikes is right....let me just say I'm starting to hyperventalate for you.....yuck-not looking forward to the labor part....hang in there sister.

Old 12-20-05, 12:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I only had one. They said it was Braxon Hicks. Wonder what the real ones are going to be if that was a practice one. I'm not in labor and DON't have to do a csection. The only reason I'd have to do a csection is if the baby is breech, which she hasn't been since about 24 weeks. At the childbirth class the teacher said the contractions aren't that bad if you focus, breath, etc... Yeah right! They're such pushers for natural childbirth. I figure if I can't even make it through a period without percocet there is no way I'm making it through hours of that! Little hippie chick anyway. I'm getting the morphine drip AND the epidural. I've been here too long to try and be brave now. Well and I don't have a muscle left in my body. It's 11 weeks today.

Leslie ps the contraction lasted about 30 seconds and no one seemed to care. Didn't put me on the monitor or anything. Guess it was just for fun.

Old 12-20-05, 01:30 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi leslie, that sounds horrible, and the only part i hate to think about is the pain as well. I am a total wimp!! ont he brighter side, my sister had her twin girls this morning, at 37 weeks!! she is tough unlike me. they are gorgeous, but she had another horrible c section, she hemmoraged and had to have blood transfussions, not to wworry anyone, her body just does this to her. Scary, and i cannot see her till 5 tonight, but got to meet Grace and Molly and see them get their first bath in nursery. They were 6 pounds 2 ounces and 6 pounds 14 ounces. Amazing huh? I sat there thinking, wow, in a few months i will have one of them. i was at hospital surronded by my 2 sisters and 6 nieces and nephews, now to be 8. We make a big deal out of births I guess. Now in June we will all gather back to same hospital to meet my new arrival. Just think, in a few weeks you will meet your daughter, and that will be amazing and take all the pain you feel away. Stay positive, your in my thoughts,

Diane

Old 12-20-05, 01:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Leslie, that does sound horrible and like you are surrounded by pretty uncaring people...you'll be home soon! I was just thinking though...if you don't have her in the next few days, you will be spending X-mas at the hospital-right? Now I'm feeling for you even more....

Diane-Congrats! Is is so much fun being an Auntie! I'm glad everyone is alright! How are you feeling??

Old 12-20-05, 01:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hmm, don't know why I thought it was going to be a c-section - I was kinda wondering why they'd do that considering you've had to be so careful to keep her in there in the first place! Anyway, glad you don't have to! I'm still amazed and very glad you've been able hang on this long - you've got a lucky little girl!

BTW, are Braxon Hicks supposed to be "easier" that the real thing?

Diane, I'm glad your sis made it through OK and I'm sure the babies are beautiful - how exciting! Did she do IVF too (twins)?

J.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools