Baby Corner

Old 12-20-05, 02:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie-
Sorry to hear that no one cared! that sucks. The pain sounds horrible and I have heard of those Braxton Hicks too. Yikes. I'd like to think I was strong but to tell the truth the whole labor thing really scares me, the pain. I know too late now!! hehe. But glad to hear that it was only one! How big is she now do you know? Man 11 weeks no wonder you have no muscle tone...you must ache. Well hang in there, how far do they want you to make it? 34 weeks? I hear you about the birthing classes I have signed up for them, but I think like you they try to push the au natural and breathing....I am afraid I would lose focus! It won't be long now until you see your beautiful daugher, your angel.
Diane that is awesome news about your sister, sorry that she had so much trouble w/ the c-section though, I bet those girls are just lovely. How are you feeling? anymore bleeding? sickness?

Old 12-20-05, 04:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I hear the Braxton Hicks don't hurt as much. Whatever happens I'll just heavily medicate asap. I'm not good with pain either! Diane! Congratulations! Big baby twins huh? That's great. I didn't mean to sound like the staff is uncaring, they just didn't get excited about me having a contraction. I guess that's a better way to put it. 90% of the staff here is great and very cautious. Yes, I'll be here on Christmas Day, any way you look at it. My Dr. thinks I'll have the baby by then but I'm stubborn. I'm having crablegs and champagne brought in. I figure after 12 weeks I deserve a good toast!! Crab legs are our family tradition for Xmas so dh will have to bring some in. He thinks I won't know what good food tastes like anymore. So really all we have to do is get a BFP for Rhonda then get Stacy knocked up and this can be the ivf pregnancy board. I hope I didn't forget anyone. PS I'm actually looking forward to labor because at least then I can go HOME!!!

L

Old 12-20-05, 04:38 PM
Paige's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie.....I can't wait til you go home, are they going to wait til you go on your own, as I don't know *exactly* why you are in the hospital on bed rest. And you don't have to go and tell me the story if you don't want to, I just am really nosy about when you are going to deliver

I didn't have BH with my DD, so I have no idea what they are like, I do know the real deal is not fun, though I did mine au naturel

So I guess I'm not as big of a wimp as I thought, LOL.

I agree, we need a BFP for Rhonda, and Stacy needs to get Pg and you will all be winners. Good luck ( and Congrats) to EVERYONE

Old 12-20-05, 05:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie....contractions sound awful

Boy am I glad that I'm having a for sure c-section

I was told that Braxton Hicks are very similar to contractions with the only difference being that they don't progress (they don't get closer together, and don't last longer). How long do you want to hang in there before you deliver?

Old 12-20-05, 06:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

We'll try and get to 35 weeks. That's when they take the stitch out. Oh don't go thinking that just because you're having a csection that you won't have those practice contractions. How are you doing Missy? I haven't heard much from you. You must be getting really excited. You're almost to 28 weeks! That's HUGE!!!! Are you ready for Christmas? L
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools